Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No you cant. If you want to use cartridges you gotta not Prevent GC update, which will update your cartridge controller and let you use carts on 4.0.0+ but never again on < 4.0.0
I remember reading in your long update guide thread that people wrote their cartridge slot became slow if they prevented the update (instead of not working at all) but if that's the case sorry for spreading false information.

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly OT but does anyone know the reasoning behind why french has been adopted as the language for releasing switch related hacks and home brew? Of all the languages French??

In the 1700s, I believe French was the "language of business" much as English is now. France used to be the superpower of the world. THE place to go for trade. I don't know why homebrew people are using French. I think they're either actually french or pretentious.

This homebrew program is a Matrix reference, I think though.

Attachments

• A72C1A6F-E7ED-469F-BB17-7D5ED063A14A.jpeg
    A72C1A6F-E7ED-469F-BB17-7D5ED063A14A.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 132

darkalex004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No you cant. If you want to use cartridges you gotta not Prevent GC update, which will update your cartridge controller and let you use carts on 4.0.0+ but never again on < 4.0.0

I´m not going to enter in a "Should I update?" loop, I only want your opinion, do you think it´s worth to wait in 2.3.0?

I remember reading in your long update guide thread that people wrote their cartridge slot became slow if they prevented the update (instead of not working at all) but if that's the case sorry for spreading false information.

Don´t worry, you tried to help so I appreciate it so much, thanks :D

Reactions: lordelan

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I´m not going to enter in a "Should I update?" loop, I only want your opinion, do you think it´s worth to wait in 2.3.0?
I updated by mistake the cartridge controller from 2.3.0 so maybe my opinion is biased but i don't see any negative consequences. You can use the cartridges on newer firmwares, maybe games that in 2.3 wouldn't work. With the emunand, if we will have one, with probability that firmware will be updated too.
Eventually for a warmboot, for the people with 1.0.0 can be a problem because they need puyo puyo for the browser,but 2.3 doesn't has this problem.

Last edited by Meriadoc,

drfunkenstein2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could use some help. Running on SX OS (never installed homebrew), added ChoiDujourNXv101 to /switch/ folder. Extracted NX-5.1.0 to folder in root.
These attempts to run ChoiDujourNX fail with black screen:
(1) Using SX OS payload, navigating to homebrew tab - launching the app
(2) Adding the following files to root (Either update your hbloader (from the release here: https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases)) then using SX OS payload, same as above
(3) Using this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/) downloading SDFilesV61.zip, extracting to root of SD. Using hekati-ipl-50x payload.bin, launch CFW, then running homebrew app. Doesnt open show what looks like a loading bar but freezes)
(4) Using SX OS payload, navigating to homebrew tab - launching the app. Or Launching Homebrew app, same result as (3)

Help would be appreciated. THanks

MY EXPERIENCE WITH ChoiDujourNX:
I started off on firmware 4.1.0 retail with 5 burned fuses (from stock).
I use SX-OS v1.4

I started by updating my hbloader to "nx-hbloader_with_debug.zip" "https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases"
Then i put the ChoiDujourNX.nro in my "switch" dir on my sdcard
I made a folder on root called "firmwares"
Inside this dir i had 2 dirs named "fw410" and "fw510"
note: use xbins to find the firmwares.

GOING TO FW 5.1.0
1. Load SX-OS menu
2. launch external payload. "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin"
3. Checked FUSE info, as i mentioned i had 5 from stock already because i am on FW 4.1.0
4. I turned OFF the console.
5. I made a back up of my original "hekate_ipl.ini"
6. I made another "hekate_ipl.ini" but named it "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" this one i modified with the code:
{ }
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW]
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk
[CFW for Firmware 1.0]
kip1=modules/oldfirm/loader.kip1
kip1=modules/oldfirm/sm.kip1
{ }

7. Loaded SX-OS menu
8. launched payload "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin"
9. Launched CFW from payload.
10. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
11. Choose "fw510" dir with the option "5.1.0 (exfat)
12. it did its thing then asked to reboot.
13. I still had my SX-dongle in my console
14. it booted to SX-OS menu
15. I launched SX-OS and confirmed I was on 5.1.0 and played "Captain Toad" and "Go Vacation"

GOING BACK TO FW 4.1.0
First i swapped my "hekate_ipl.ini" to my "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC"
This means i took "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" and named it "hekate_ipl.ini"
and i named "hekate_ipl.ini" to "hekate_ipl.inibak2"

1. Load SX-OS menu
3. Checked FUSE info again (I am still at 5)
4. Launched CFW
5. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
6. Choose "fw410" dir with the option "4.1.0 (exfat)
7. It did its thing until it asked for reboot
8. Launched into SX-OS and checked firmware it read 4.1.0
9. I then uninstalled AutoRCM
10. I checked FUSE INFO one last time and I am still at (5 burned fuses)

Thanks for all those that helped me here. Hope this helps someone or gives them the confidence to use the tool.
This tool works great!

darkalex004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated by mistake the cartridge controller from 2.3.0 so maybe my opinion is biased but i don't see any negative consequences. You can use the cartridges on newer firmwares, maybe games that in 2.3 wouldn't work. With the emunand, if we will have one, with probability that firmware will be updated too.
Eventually for a warmboot, for the people with 1.0.0 can be a problem because they need puyo puyo for the browser,but 2.3 doesn't has this problem.

I didn´t think on that, it can be a good option too.
So I need to update the console with the exFAT update (I don´t know where I can find that or if the "contents" folder with the 5.1.0 version that I have has that update, can you help me?) and then, what option of RajNX I need to use?.
Thanks for replying :D

Reactions: Meriadoc

Sasa86mi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello I was able to update from 3.0.1 to 5.0.2 now I have a problem before I used reinx and I could start the nsp files now I can not help me anymore

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn´t think on that, it can be a good option too.
So I need to update the console with the exFAT update (I don´t know where I can find that or if the "contents" folder with the 5.1.0 version that I have has that update, can you help me?) and then, what option of RajNX I need to use?.
Thanks for replying :D

When you use choidujourNX if you select the firmware you can choose between exfat or noexfat.
After installing from rajNX choose cfw and you can choose at every boot if update the gamecart or not.

poulp3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MY EXPERIENCE WITH ChoiDujourNX:
I started off on firmware 4.1.0 retail with 5 burned fuses (from stock).
I use SX-OS v1.4

I started by updating my hbloader to "nx-hbloader_with_debug.zip" "https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases"
Then i put the ChoiDujourNX.nro in my "switch" dir on my sdcard
I made a folder on root called "firmwares"
Inside this dir i had 2 dirs named "fw410" and "fw510"
note: use xbins to find the firmwares.

GOING TO FW 5.1.0
1. Load SX-OS menu
3. Checked FUSE info, as i mentioned i had 5 from stock already because i am on FW 4.1.0
4. I turned OFF the console.
5. I made a back up of my original "hekate_ipl.ini"
6. I made another "hekate_ipl.ini" but named it "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" this one i modified with the code:
{ }
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW]
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1patch=nogc,nosigchk
[CFW for Firmware 1.0]
kip1=modules/oldfirm/loader.kip1
kip1=modules/oldfirm/sm.kip1
{ }

7. Loaded SX-OS menu
8. launched payload "hekate_fspatches_v3.bin"
9. Launched CFW from payload.
10. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
11. Choose "fw510" dir with the option "5.1.0 (exfat)
12. it did its thing then asked to reboot.
13. I still had my SX-dongle in my console
14. it booted to SX-OS menu
15. I launched SX-OS and confirmed I was on 5.1.0 and played "Captain Toad" and "Go Vacation"

GOING BACK TO FW 4.1.0
First i swapped my "hekate_ipl.ini" to my "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC"
This means i took "hekate_ipl.iniNOGC" and named it "hekate_ipl.ini"
and i named "hekate_ipl.ini" to "hekate_ipl.inibak2"

1. Load SX-OS menu
3. Checked FUSE info again (I am still at 5)
4. Launched CFW
5. Launched ChoiDujourNX from HBloader
6. Choose "fw410" dir with the option "4.1.0 (exfat)
7. It did its thing until it asked for reboot
8. Launched into SX-OS and checked firmware it read 4.1.0
9. I then uninstalled AutoRCM
10. I checked FUSE INFO one last time and I am still at (5 burned fuses)

Thanks for all those that helped me here. Hope this helps someone or gives them the confidence to use the tool.
This tool works great!

thanks for this feedback ! I've read recent things about choidujournx and SXOS, where you absolutely have to press volume+ before lauching SXOS or fuses will burn. What is your thought ?

darkalex004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you use choidujourNX if you select the firmware you can choose between exfat or noexfat.
After installing from rajNX choose cfw and you can choose at every boot if update the gamecart or not.

Okay, so I update with the exFAT option with ChoiDujourNX, and then I choose the normal CFW option (without the PreventGCUpdate because I want to play with the games in cartridge), right?
And if I use the CFW option I can play online with my original games without ban? (My intention is only play with my original games).
Thanks again :P

fallingrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@lordelan I'm on 3.0.0 and I would like to update to 5.1.0 without updating gc. Just to be sure about what I'm doing: I just have to update normally with choidujournx and then boot with the cfw preventgcupdate option, right?

How did you edit the hekate.ini for your friend? Is it hard? I'd like to have it like that.

Thanks

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@lordelan I'm on 3.0.0 and I would like to update to 5.1.0 without updating gc. Just to be sure about what I'm doing: I just have to update normally with choidujournx and then boot with the cfw preventgcupdate option, right?

How did you edit the hekate.ini for your friend? Is it hard? I'd like to have it like that.

Thanks
Correct. Be sure not no change any settings in the app. Just head to your FW folder, hit "chose folder" and install it with or without exFat (as you like).
It's pretty simple but you can attach the ini here or post it in CODE tags and I'll do it for you.

Reactions: fallingrat

Wolf2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am on 4.1.0 and thinking about using the tool to get to 5.1 without burning fuses.
Will I be able to load the OFW with the hektate or something to load official updates and the booting again into CFW for playing?
Or is it not possible goint into OFW by custom bootloader without burning fuses?

Thanks!

fallingrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Correct. Be sure not no change any settings in the app. Just head to your FW folder, hit "chose folder" and install it with or without exFat (as you like).
It's pretty simple but you can attach the ini here or post it in CODE tags and I'll do it for you.

Thank you so much. I will update later today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb