Hardware CHKDSK Corrupted installed titles

Aquadraws

OP
Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
Ok so, I decided to run CHKDSK on the SD and the folder of the CTGP-7 Launcher was corrupted by it (Realized by checking missing title in data management, Love you Windows) the funnier part is that NO INSTALLED 3DS SOFTWARE(DSiWares are fine) show up anymore on the home menu. Data Management still shows them as installed. But now I have the 0004000 --> 03070C00 folder corrupted (Full of junk files over 1GB) and i can't delete it great. I would be very happy if you can help me deleting that folder and restoring the titles back to the home menu.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've used CHKDSK for -at least- 20 years and it didn't damaged my data at all, actually it made my SD/microSD card readable again and allowed me to format them.

Why did you ran CHKDSK on the SD card on the first place?

Aquadraws

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've used CHKDSK for -at least- 20 years and it didn't damaged my data at all, actually it made my SD/microSD card readable again and allowed me to format them.

Why did you ran CHKDSK on the SD card on the first place?
I was going to defrag the sd card like usual, and Windows told the drive was "dirty".. The thing that I don't understand is why only CTGP-7 Launcher corrupted

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah good to know to not do a CHKDSK on a sd card.
Don't worry, it's the first time happening to any of my drives, I think something just went on nuts when I ran it

Last edited by Aquadraws,

NoSnake221

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so, I decided to run CHKDSK on the SD and the folder of the CTGP-7 Launcher was corrupted by it (Realized by checking missing title in data management, Love you Windows) the funnier part is that NO INSTALLED 3DS SOFTWARE(DSiWares are fine) show up anymore on the home menu. Data Management still shows them as installed. But now I have the 0004000 --> 03070C00 folder corrupted (Full of junk files over 1GB) and i can't delete it great. I would be very happy if you can help me deleting that folder and restoring the titles back to the home menu.
Can you see the games through Checkpoint?

NoSnake221

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright then, good to know that you solved the problem :)

However, are you completely sure that the only folder that got corrupted was the one of the CTGP-7 launcher and no other files? Because if you keep corrupted or partially corrupted files on your SD you are bound to get random mysterious errors eventually, as happened to me :(

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
CheckDisk does not corrupt your data. The data was probably corrupted already, all CheckDisk did was delete or move the corrupted data to a "recovered" folder on root (it's not called that, I don't remember what it's called), it can't uncorrupt data since it doesn't know what the data is supposed to be, the only way to get rid of corruption is by deleting it.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Aquadraws

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright then, good to know that you solved the problem :)

However, are you completely sure that the only folder that got corrupted was the one of the CTGP-7 launcher and no other files? Because if you keep corrupted or partially corrupted files on your SD you are bound to get random mysterious errors eventually, as happened to me :(
Yes it was only that, I ran CHKDSK from Command Prompt so it told me the folder

CheckDisk does not corrupt your data. The data was probably corrupted already, all CheckDisk did was delete or move the corrupted data to a "recovered" folder on root (it's not called that, I don't remember what it's called), it can't uncorrupt data since it doesn't know what the data is supposed to be, the only way to get rid of corruption is by deleting it.
It's weird... It wasn't corrupted before CHKDSK as I was playing CTWW just fine

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes it was only that, I ran CHKDSK from Command Prompt so it told me the folder

It's weird... It wasn't corrupted before CHKDSK as I was playing CTWW just fine
That doesn't mean there wasn't corruption somewhere, it just happened not to be in the game data you were using.
Anyway, CheckDisk would have told you if it made any changes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car