Antarctica
wtf.gif

I am so glad to be lactose intolerant right about now

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First this is from China. The odds of them actually doing this LEGITIMATELY is close to zero. Considering that they're scraping off the Motorola/Freescale chip logos and pretending it's their 'research', I'm highly skeptical of this story's legitimacy. There are HUGE problems with the higher education system in China with fraud being the DEFAULT not the exception due to the need for funding, as well as for laundering corruption money.

Second again why is breast milk so important? Yes we 'recommend' parents give breast milk but it's just that a recommendation. I'd sooner trust those weird 'breast milk banks' or even the 'craigslist breast milk' listing than anything coming from China. We'd be lucky if they weren't just grinding up concrete and throwing it into vats to sell.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's just about increasing the supply then surely it would be more fun all round to use GM to increase the size of human breasts?

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Considering China's history with food safety I'll pass, I also think that drinking human breast milk that came from a cow is weird.

As for the cow girl, where's Sasha when you need him.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
Meh... i don't drink milk...

Veho said:
i'd like to drink milk from that. directly.
I think we need to form a line... oh wait! If this is cloning they can make one for each of us! SCORE! XD
Also gotta love this quote from the article. "It's better for you because it's genetically modified."
rolleyes.gif

On a more serious note, I don't really like the sounds of this. I don't really think man should be messing around with the genetics of animals (or fellow man) that can only lead to trouble. We all know someday Jurassic Park is going to happen, someone will start playing with DNA and bring back a dinosaur. It's just my hope that they play it smart and stick with the herbivores. But even if they do for a while I'm sure eventually they'll cave, make a T-Rex thinking they have control, and BAM, buffet time.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I got to say is "Milk, Milk, Lemonade, Round the corner Fudge is made"lol. But seriously that sounds kinda gross. I'm not gonna drink it.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Actually, milk is milk. The only difference is the composition (like more protein and calcium in cow milk). Cow milk is not adapted for human growth. The disturbing part is that they're messing with nature again, and breast milk from a cow ? That's insane. And I think that there something in breast milk that boosts the baby's immune system. So finally, using cows to have breast milk is not a great idea... It would be more or less the same than using those special powder milk.

Off topic :
That reminded me the creepy guy I met in a train who told me that he likes to drink breast milk... At the moment I was like : "Excuse me, what are you talking about, sir ?" and he answered something like "Forget about it, you're too young too understand."

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
nando said:
it will probably contain lead

Actually the milk recalls in China were because it had Melamine in it.

Bah that there be old news friend. They've upgraded to straight up poisoning it now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13036943

Melamine also continues to be found in milk products within China several years after the initial scandal.

Taiwan apparently doesn't want to be out of the mix either. They've upgraded to using industrial plasticizers for clouding agents in drinks.

http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A...603-282164.html

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Hop2089 said:
nando said:
it will probably contain lead

Actually the milk recalls in China were because it had Melamine in it.

Bah that there be old news friend. They've upgraded to straight up poisoning it now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13036943

Melamine also continues to be found in milk products within China several years after the initial scandal.

Taiwan apparently doesn't want to be out of the mix either. They've upgraded to using industrial plasticizers for clouding agents in drinks.

http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A...603-282164.html

That's horrible, I hope the dairy farmers who tainted the milk get the death penalty, their foolishness killed a newborn. As for Taiwan, wtf, plasticizers have 8 different chemicals that are carcinogenic, most even just from skin exposure.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:
Actually, milk is milk. The only difference is the composition (like more protein and calcium in cow milk). Cow milk is not adapted for human growth. The disturbing part is that they're messing with nature again, and breast milk from a cow ? That's insane. And I think that there something in breast milk that boosts the baby's immune system. So finally, using cows to have breast milk is not a great idea... It would be more or less the same than using those special powder milk.

Off topic :
That reminded me the creepy guy I met in a train who told me that he likes to drink breast milk... At the moment I was like : "Excuse me, what are you talking about, sir ?" and he answered something like "Forget about it, you're too young too understand."
Breast milk contains antibodies to protect the baby. It does not boost the immune system as such. The mothers antibodies are needed temporarily due to the fact that babies immune systems do not complete development until they are around 6 months old. Not all systems are up and running at birth physiologically speaking. Just like young babies cannot shiver to keep warm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN