Chinese company Tencent announces new streaming console

3062589-tgp.jpg

Tencent, the Chinese company which owns Riot Games, has announced a new PC-console hybrid in the form of the Tencent Games Platform. It supposedly will run on a sixth-generation Intel chip, and its architecture will be based on Windows 10. In "TGP Box Mode", it downloads or streams PC games directly to the console. It is unknown how much it will cost, or if it is ever coming to the West, but it's an interesting foray into the game streaming industry.

:arrow:Source

Reactions: Deleted User

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get away from this company at all cost. They pretty much started F2P. And worse than EA and Activision combined.
You have been warned.

Reactions: cearp

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, that's pretty much the same controller, with a different logo in place of the Xbox button! I couldn't see it well so I had to zoom in, but now I can see what you are talking about.
*snip*

Indeedy.
I know the 360/Xbone controller is heavenly, but damn China...
You can't really see what the guide button is but I woudn't be suprised if it was a Y instead of an X.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3062589-tgp.jpg

Tencent, the Chinese company which owns Riot Games, has announced a new PC-console hybrid in the form of the Tencent Games Platform. It supposedly will run on a sixth-generation Intel chip, and its architecture will be based on Windows 10. In "TGP Box Mode", it downloads or streams PC games directly to the console. It is unknown how much it will cost, or if it is ever coming to the West, but it's an interesting foray into the game streaming industry.

:arrow:Source
I know I perhaps lack the authority to speak like this but ignore anything from Major companies in China. F2P started in China before the time of GBA and long predate smartphone, and I would say once more that this company is at least twice as corrupted as EA or Activision. This company alone is responsible for the entire F2P trend in the west.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I perhaps lack the authority to speak like this but ignore anything from Major companies in China. F2P started in China before the time of GBA and long predate smartphone, and I would say once more that this company is at least twice as corrupted as EA or Activision. This company alone is responsible for the entire F2P trend in the west.
We heard you the first time, you hate China. Wait... is that you, Donald Trump?

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We heard you the first time, you hate China. Wait... is that you, Donald Trump?
No, I am Chinese. But right now it is the most corrupted market for gaming which the F2P trend happen long predated the age of smartphones.
I grew up around kids playing them and wasting thousands of dollars. The only thing I have is GBA and SFC back then. That is, I know of, and have played these games first hand, and has spent around 50 bucks before I got my ds.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a lot of people don't understand how China works.

The system will succeed or fail based on whether the party supports the makers of the system. All major business's like Tencent have serious party connections. The technology is irrelevant, the innovation is irrelevant, even the quality of the service is irrelevant, success or failure in major business endeavors is based on how heavy your party connections are in China.

Tencent has the ability to dominate the online streaming game services because it has the right connections backing it up.
That's China 101.

Everyone knows this is just a DRM Windows 10 in ugly black box with an Xbox controller, but it's an DRM Windows 10 in ugly box made by a party backed company. That's why it'll succeed.

I.E Apple invested a billion in a shitty Chinese Uber wannabe startup, why? Cause that shitty Chinese Uber wannabe is well connected with the party, and Apple needs to make friends with those people. Who on Earth can walk into Apples office and walk out with a billion dollars, a well connected Chinaman, that's who.

China has been this way since the Imperial era, and it'll continue to be this way forever.

Last edited by KSP,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they flop so I can buy one at a huge discount. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last I hear is the mega corporations are starting to call the shots in China and elsewhere... just like in America.

Seems like a lot of people don't understand how China works.

The system will succeed or fail based on whether the party supports the makers of the system. All major business's like Tencent have serious party connections. The technology is irrelevant, the innovation is irrelevant, even the quality of the service is irrelevant, success or failure in major business endeavors is based on how heavy your party connections are in China.

Tencent has the ability to dominate the online streaming game services because it has the right connections backing it up.
That's China 101.

Everyone knows this is just a DRM Windows 10 in ugly black box with an Xbox controller, but it's an DRM Windows 10 in ugly box made by a party backed company. That's why it'll succeed.

I.E Apple invested a billion in a shitty Chinese Uber wannabe startup, why? Cause that shitty Chinese Uber wannabe is well connected with the party, and Apple needs to make friends with those people. Who on Earth can walk into Apples office and walk out with a billion dollars, a well connected Chinaman, that's who.

China has been this way since the Imperial era, and it'll continue to be this way forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.