Hardware cheep HDMI Capture card discussion

Ramses

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i've been looking around Ebay and Aliexpress for a cheep alternative for a HDMI Capture card. Being someone that has no income at the moment, a cheep alternative till I get a real deal Elgato or a Hauppauge. The one i've been eye'ing is this one, I've heard mix things, for some, it can only go up to 480p, but for alot of people, I heard if you don't use the packed-in drivers, you can get it to run at least on 720p, which is good enough for me, my PC can't handle any more and 720 is a good, accessesable HD Resolution so anyone can watch.

So what do you all think? should I buy it? or what has anyone else heard about these particular capture cards? or should I just save up for a better one?

Ramses

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might run in to trouble with these kinds of things
Try saving up for a used Elgato or older version of an Elgato?
yeah, a friend of mine got one, and it was only outputting at 480p, but i've read on different places that some can go up to 720p with 60FPS output, but to know which one or how was not documented.

which one do you recommend from the lower, cheaper end that I can find? all I want is something that outputs 720p at the most, mainly because I don't want to throttle my internet and my CPU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1