Homebrew Checkpoint not working

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, I'm going to test those cheats. And see if they work for me.

Also, try the cutscene thing. A number of games work like that. Something to do with payloads.
Any luck with the testing?
Also I found out only a few days ago that luma has updated to 10.3 now which may fix the issue and stabalise other cheats.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
Any luck with the testing?
Also I found out only a few days ago that luma has updated to 10.3 now which may fix the issue and stabalise other cheats.
Ah, sorry I actually completely forgot about responding my bad.

Anyways, I did test. And unfortunately, none of them seem to work for me. I would doubt the Luma update will fix it, but you never know.

From what I was told, usually when a code doesn't work for a game, it means the code is either broken, or out of date. That means the games version is above the codes compatibility per-say. Some codes work with all versions, but not all. It seems like Y/X might've either had an update recently. Or even a while ago.

The codes would have had to work at some point in time, so I guess if you were to downgrade the version of the CIA, you could possibly use the cheats. However, why do that when you can use PKSM? Have you ever used PKSM? You can do everything you were trying to do, other than walk through walls. For free, and it also has other features. You'd have to check it out yourself.

Also, if you want to see what's behind the walls, it's nothing that interesting really. Just loads what you are supposed to see and the rest is just a blank void.

Reactions: DynastyVic

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, sorry I actually completely forgot about responding my bad.

Anyways, I did test. And unfortunately, none of them seem to work for me. I would doubt the Luma update will fix it, but you never know.

From what I was told, usually when a code doesn't work for a game, it means the code is either broken, or out of date. That means the games version is above the codes compatibility per-say. Some codes work with all versions, but not all. It seems like Y/X might've either had an update recently. Or even a while ago.

The codes would have had to work at some point in time, so I guess if you were to downgrade the version of the CIA, you could possibly use the cheats. However, why do that when you can use PKSM? Have you ever used PKSM? You can do everything you were trying to do, other than walk through walls. For free, and it also has other features. You'd have to check it out yourself.

Also, if you want to see what's behind the walls, it's nothing that interesting really. Just loads what you are supposed to see and the rest is just a blank void.

I tried a variety of things now.
The update didn't do much but maybe stabilized Luma.

I taken your suggestion and gone with PKSM as I dislike opening the back case of the N3DS XL as it has cracked the case.

Last edited by DynastyVic,
Reactions: slimbizzy

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
I tried a variety of things now.
The update didn't do much but maybe stabilized Luma.

I taken your suggestion and gone with PKSM as I dislike opening the back case of the N3DS XL as it has cracked the case.
Sounds good. Glad you found a solution. PKSM is quite a handy tool. Also, sorry to hear about your case. Just er... If someone asks tell them you dropped it when you were running from a tiger or something idk.

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds good. Glad you found a solution. PKSM is quite a handy tool. Also, sorry to hear about your case. Just er... If someone asks tell them you dropped it when you were running from a tiger or something idk.
The case cracked due to the screws not coming off which is annoying to even remove as you need a specific screwdriver to even open it up which they don't provide you with one.

Also is there any other form of cheat system similar to PKSM?
I looked into NTR bootselector but it is a hassle to get the plugins which have an issue being downloaded in the first place.
All I can think of is to update the the codes in Checkpoint but I have no clue.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
The case cracked due to the screws not coming off which is annoying to even remove as you need a specific screwdriver to even open it up which they don't provide you with one.

Also is there any other form of cheat system similar to PKSM?
I looked into NTR bootselector but it is a hassle to get the plugins which have an issue being downloaded in the first place.
All I can think of is to update the the codes in Checkpoint but I have no clue.
Checkpoint uses a certain type of code, more commonly known as GateShark. From what I am aware of, most of the codes are final and do not get updated. I have also looked for gateshark codes before, but have had very minor success. It IS possible for you to find some, but you'll need to look around. Are you familiar with how checkpoint accesses the codes?

NTR plugin is very confusing towards me, I have only managed to get it to work once. And even then, it was poor.

You can get other save editors for pokemon games on the 3ds, however, pksm is the best.

Before you "update" checkpoints codes, make sure there is actually codes you can use. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth it to access them.

(Also, this is why I prefer the o3DS for quick sd changing)

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Checkpoint uses a certain type of code, more commonly known as GateShark. From what I am aware of, most of the codes are final and do not get updated. I have also looked for gateshark codes before, but have had very minor success. It IS possible for you to find some, but you'll need to look around. Are you familiar with how checkpoint accesses the codes?

NTR plugin is very confusing towards me, I have only managed to get it to work once. And even then, it was poor.

You can get other save editors for pokemon games on the 3ds, however, pksm is the best.

Before you "update" checkpoints codes, make sure there is actually codes you can use. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth it to access them.

(Also, this is why I prefer the o3DS for quick sd changing)

I was there during when gameshark stopped working as I didn't realize I needed online access for the codes to be changed to checkpoint which is unstable for some games.
I have no clue how to add codes to checkpoint or where to find them as some are lacking and may have been patched out due to the updates.

PKSM seems a lot better and also seems to be a pokebank in a way from what I read.
I wonder if I could transfer from PKSM to Switch in the far future.

The issue with Original 3DS compared to N3DS XL is that it can't play Xenoblade chronicles X and another game and loading time is slower and has less power. Getting to the SD card is a hassle unlike the original which was a slot but it means safer security that no one robs me of the SD card or it falls out.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
I was there during when gameshark stopped working as I didn't realize I needed online access for the codes to be changed to checkpoint which is unstable for some games.
I have no clue how to add codes to checkpoint or where to find them as some are lacking and may have been patched out due to the updates.

PKSM seems a lot better and also seems to be a pokebank in a way from what I read.
I wonder if I could transfer from PKSM to Switch in the far future.

The issue with Original 3DS compared to N3DS XL is that it can't play Xenoblade chronicles X and another game and loading time is slower and has less power. Getting to the SD card is a hassle unlike the original which was a slot but it means safer security that no one robs me of the SD card or it falls out.
Well, I can help you learn if you so desire, although I went ahead and searched for some newer x/y codes, but had no luck. Perhaps someone else can help you with that, but I truly doubt it.

PKSM does have a bank feature, and is quite a good one at that. I also hope that perhaps they will make a way to transfer through pksm to switch. But we will not know until it is announced, If you have the time, go suggest it as a feature in the switch section of gbatemp. I wont do it because I don't have a switch, and have no use for it.

Yeah, I agree. I mostly go for the o3ds because one, it's the only one i have currently, and two, it has served me well throughout my childhood and would like to hold onto it. it's more of a personal thing.

Reactions: DynastyVic

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I can help you learn if you so desire, although I went ahead and searched for some newer x/y codes, but had no luck. Perhaps someone else can help you with that, but I truly doubt it.

PKSM does have a bank feature, and is quite a good one at that. I also hope that perhaps they will make a way to transfer through pksm to switch. But we will not know until it is announced, If you have the time, go suggest it as a feature in the switch section of gbatemp. I wont do it because I don't have a switch, and have no use for it.

Yeah, I agree. I mostly go for the o3ds because one, it's the only one i have currently, and two, it has served me well throughout my childhood and would like to hold onto it. it's more of a personal thing.

It is okay. I can search for it.

I had no idea PKSM was like Pokebank or else I would have gone with that. It makes playing X/Y much more easier but a bit outdated as I skipped from BW2 to Sun/Moon.
I have no switch and it is too early and pricey to get as the hacking stage is a bit weak in development as Nintendo are trying to make their consoles hackproof as seen with the newer models.

I had one as well but due to circumstances, I got hold of the N3DS XL as it wasn't never intended for myself originally.

Reactions: slimbizzy

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
It is okay. I can search for it.

I had no idea PKSM was like Pokebank or else I would have gone with that. It makes playing X/Y much more easier but a bit outdated as I skipped from BW2 to Sun/Moon.
I have no switch and it is too early and pricey to get as the hacking stage is a bit weak in development as Nintendo are trying to make their consoles hackproof as seen with the newer models.

I had one as well but due to circumstances, I got hold of the N3DS XL as it wasn't never intended for myself originally.
Nice, glad you are now familiar with PKSM.

I agree, it is too early to get one, and I am a little scared to go ahead and mod one right now, as the chances of success are quite unbalanced

Fun, I had the 3ds since it was released. I've had to change a battery, that's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.