Game card could not be read after using Checkpoint

romanfuntime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted to use checkpoint to save the file of my Pokemon Y game so i could wipe it and restart with the old save still available to restore later, but after backing up using checkpoint the game would no longer open and instead a popup saying ‘this game card could not be read’ popped up. Restoring did nothing. Did I do something wrong? How do I fix this?

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Once the cart gets to the "Can't be read" stage, I think that usually indicates some physical fault.

romanfuntime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn’t do anything physically to it though, just backed up the save to Checkpoint, and then tnis started popping up. Didn’t happen with my X version
Post automatically merged:

Its also saying it needs to update (though it can’t sice I can’t start the game), any chance that has to do with the problem

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, not sure. It's possible that one of the legs the chip desoldered itself by chance while Checkpoint was running, or something.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by skawo,

romanfuntime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Other games do work, and i don’t have another 3ds to test it with unfortunately. I’ll try running the tool in a lil bit.

romanfuntime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is possible to carefully open the cart, resolder the legs and then superglue it back together, but it requires past experience, especially for the actual resoldering.

Some more questions, though;
Do other gamecards still work?
Can you try this card in another 3DS?

If other gamecards work, and you can't try another 3DS, I guess try running my tool, maybe it'll help, although I've never seen a cart get recovered from this state. Shouldn't hurt, though.
I tried running the verify option before I started, and it failed, then when I start the fixing, the screen doesn't change for a while, and when it does the hash only changes every like 20 secs

romanfuntime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think that's typical behaviour when there's a physical fault of some sort :(
I ran it again and it was beginning to fix things (it seemed) though the progress bar and the ETA weren’t changing. Had to stop it because it ran out of battery tho, should try running it again plugged in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I think back then it was the same as nowadays