Homebrew Checkpoint not working

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just upgraded from an o3ds to n3ds XL and I backed up all my saves from the o3ds. But i installed checkpoint 3.6 and it's not allowing me to restore the saves. I put them in 3ds/checkpoint/saves. I thought maybe I had to run the game on the new system and let it create a save before it allow it to restore but I played several games and they're not showing up in checkpoint at all, even though I've made new saves on the new system. Help?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just upgraded from an o3ds to n3ds XL and I backed up all my saves from the o3ds. But i installed checkpoint 3.6 and it's not allowing me to restore the saves. I put them in 3ds/checkpoint/saves. I thought maybe I had to run the game on the new system and let it create a save before it allow it to restore but I played several games and they're not showing up in checkpoint at all, even though I've made new saves on the new system. Help?
there is a refresh list option in there. Try it and see if it allows the console to see the games/saves that you are after

Reactions: Pin1988

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so bizarre. I know I put it in sd/3ds/checkpoint/saves. I looked at the sd card on my computer and the saved folder was in sd/3ds/. So just move it to /checkpoint and problem solved right? Nope still not showing up.

Don't see any refresh option. But I've turned off my 3ds many times and gone back and there's two games there Steel Diver which I needed to hack my 3DS and Mario Kart 7 which was the first game I tried after hacking. No other games will show up.

G:\3ds\Checkpoint\saves is where they're located. Why won't they show up? :(

Last edited by ,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is so bizarre. I know I put it in sd/3ds/checkpoint/saves. I looked at the sd card on my computer and the saved folder was in sd/3ds/. So just move it to /checkpoint and problem solved right? Nope still not showing up.

Don't see any refresh option. But I've turned off my 3ds many times and gone back and there's two games there Steel Diver which I needed to hack my 3DS and Mario Kart 7 which was the first game I tried after hacking. No other games will show up.
If nothing you can try jksm. Myself I still use jksm so im not sure of the menus of checkpoint.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get JKSM to work either (no restore option that I can see) however it seems to be making games show up on checkpoint. Except for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, I'm afraid I won't be able to restore that and that's a game I wanted to play through.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't get JKSM to work either (no restore option that I can see) however it seems to be making games show up on checkpoint. Except for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, I'm afraid I won't be able to restore that and that's a game I wanted to play through.
Checkpoint:
  • “Hold SELECT to see commands”
  • Last point of the list showing up on the upper screen: “Hold (B) to refresh titles”

JKSM:
  • Select a title and press (A) to get a list of options. Press (A) again for the list of backups for that title.
  • Select a backup from the list and press (Y) to restore.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same trouble: on Checkpoint 3.7.4, Holding Deselects titles, the last point on upper screen (while holding select) if "Y Hold to Multiselect" There IS no refresh on 3.7.4.

I thought it might be due to saves not being created, but even aft creating saves, by playing and reopening checkpoint same results.
Anyone who knows (please, no guessing, this only creates confusion for all) and has extensive experience, with successful results: your advice is welcome.

Padraig_ODughaill

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Just to echo what AstrxBabe said,(v3.7.4.) doesn't say there's a refresh option but it still works. Had same problem as OP and refresh worked for me

Drflash55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same issue here with Checkpoint not showing titles that I definitely did save my data on.

The newest version does not explain how to refresh titles manually, but you have to hold B for about 2 seconds, and then your other titles will come up as normal.

Thanks to Kleines for bringing this up.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I had the same issue here with Checkpoint not showing titles that I definitely did save my data on.

The newest version does not explain how to refresh titles manually, but you have to hold B for about 2 seconds, and then your other titles will come up as normal.

Thanks to Kleines for bringing this up.

Also thank you for the Reminding how to refresh the List.:D
(Sometimes I also forget how to access Rosalina...:D).

Reactions: Pin1988

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have issues where the cheats crash the console and it goes save the file dump or press any button to quit.
Is there a way to bypass it?
Also games like pokemon x/y. It immediately crashes the game. Is that normal?
For others it takes awhile. E.g. resident evil relevation but happens when you are playing or mainly cutscenes.

Reactions: Alexander1970

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have issues where the cheats crash the console and it goes save the file dump or press any button to quit.
Is there a way to bypass it?
Also games like pokemon x/y. It immediately crashes the game. Is that normal?
For others it takes awhile. E.g. resident evil relevation but happens when you are playing or mainly cutscenes.
Have you taken notes of which cheats crash the console? Or is it all of them?

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only 3 I used on X/Y. I read else where that checkpoint cheats don't work for X/Y but no proper solution.

Resident evil relevation is a basically random when using all cheats which is only 3. It will happen randomly but mainly happens on cutscenes.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
Only 3 I used on X/Y. I read else where that checkpoint cheats don't work for X/Y but no proper solution.

Resident evil relevation is a basically random when using all cheats which is only 3. It will happen randomly but mainly happens on cutscenes.
For the x/y games, which cheats where they? And could you by chance link me to the where you learnt that, too?

For Resident Evil, sometimes cut scenes mess with the cheats, and vice versa. have you tried disabling them before cut scenes? And the re-enabling them?

DynastyVic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For the x/y games, which cheats where they? And could you by chance link me to the where you learnt that, too?

For Resident Evil, sometimes cut scenes mess with the cheats, and vice versa. have you tried disabling them before cut scenes? And the re-enabling them?

Cheats used was
Max money
Level 100 after battle
Battle exp on or something like that but these 2 didn't immediately crash my game until I battled.

Mention of crash
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/issues/1324

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all
Someone mentioned X and Y crash but no answer.

I had no idea about disabling before the cutscene.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
Cheats used was
Max money
Level 100 after battle
Battle exp on or something like that but these 2 didn't immediately crash my game until I battled.

Mention of crash
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/issues/1324

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all
Someone mentioned X and Y crash but no answer.

I had no idea about disabling before the cutscene.
Alright, I'm going to test those cheats. And see if they work for me.

Also, try the cutscene thing. A number of games work like that. Something to do with payloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom