Cheats on ELink

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Gman 101, Feb 29, 2008.

Feb 29, 2008

Cheats on ELink by Gman 101 at 12:44 PM (1,393 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Gman 101
    OP

Member Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Ok, so my ELink came in the mail today (7 days after being shipped out, pretty damn fast for DX). I've been testing around with it and I wanna know how you use cheats. When you press L+R+START, there is a cheats option but it's redded out. Also, is it possible to use the game saves from an EZ 3-in-1 on the ELink?

2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I dont know either, I have been trying to figure this out myself.

3. diglett

Member diglett GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Last time I used mine, the cheats had to be enabled in the patching software and couldn't be controlled at all from the cart. The entry in the menu suggests that they intended to add that ability, but I'm not sure if they will be providing any further updates.

No idea about the save conversion, sorry.

4. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    you can use cheats by enabling it before you flash it to the cart. You can not use cheats if real time save is enabled.

5. Gman 101
    OP

Australia
    Thanks all, that's a bit of a shame. At least RTS works well. Oh and does anybody know how to backup the saves and everything (including the RTS files)?

6. Gman 101
    OP

Australia
    bump. I figured out how to backup the .sav files so that's fine. My solution to cheats on certain games is to use the cheats on VBA or NO$GBA on computer with the .sav file and the rom, then transfer the .sav over to the ELink. Pretty handy ('specially in games like Pokemon to get event stuff).

Edit: Is it possible to add cheats to games? Games like Pokemon Emerald doesn't have cheats available.