Cheats explanation

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by MasterWill, Nov 8, 2009.

Nov 8, 2009

Cheats explanation by MasterWill at 4:06 AM (811 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. MasterWill
    OP

Newcomer MasterWill Newbie

United States
    I just got the M3i Zero and I looked all over and wasn't able to find any info explaining this so I would appreciate some help. Under the game options "Cheat switch" what does "Instant Codes" do exactly? Also isn't there a way to access the codes while playing in game? What is the button combo for doing so? Thanks.

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I'm not too sure about 'Instant Codes' myself but the other options under 'Cheat Switch' are pretty obvious

Off = regardless of whatever cheats have been selected - they are NOT in use in game
    On/Off[Sel+] = This option allows you to turn On or Off the cheats you have selected from within the game itself

The button combinations are
    Press 'Left' on the + button while pressing the 'Select' button = Cheats On
    Press 'Right' on the + button while pressing the 'Select' button = Cheats Off

Always On = Obvious - the cheats are always On

Under 'Soft-Reset / Realtime Save Switch'
    Off = No Softreset or Real time save is avaliable
    SR: LR+ABX = Softreset will happen if you press Left & Right shoulder button, along with [A] and [X] at the same time
    SR: LR+ABY = Softreset will happen if you press Left & Right shoulder button, along with [A] and [Y] at the same time
    RTS: LR+Select = Real time save is allowed when you press Left & right Shoulder buttons & [Select] at the same time
    RTS: LR+Y = Real time save is allowed when you press Left & right Shoulder buttons & [Y] at the same time
    NB: you can't have Softreset AND Real time save on at the same time

3. Synchromatic

Member Synchromatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recommend searching next time for some of the answers to your questions.

4. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    When you start a game, the cheats are enabled a few seconds in. Sometimes games with anti piracy fixes in the cheats will not load if this is the case, so M3 team decided to include an option for the codes to be enabled right at the load of the ROM. When/if i use cheats, i just enable the regular way unless it's necessary to use instant codes.