• Total voters

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Am I the only one that dis-likes the cheatfunctions of the slot1 cards? I think it is ruining the nintendo wifi connection. I only read threads wherin people are discussing how they managed to get a pikachu of level 100. And so on, personally I am playing pokemon for instance totally cheatless. Even in mariokart there where cheaters spoiling all the fun. What do you guy's think? Is cheating spoiling the nintendo wifi connection?

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope nintendo does something about it bescause it's just no fun anymore
frown.gif

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh. I'm curious to see how the next Gbatemp tournament is gunna go.
I'd like to see them do pokemon, but it's going to be fucked up because so many people edit their games.
It's pretty lame, actually.
People can't play through shit without cheating anymore. Yeah, a game that's designed for 12 year olds is going to be REAL tough. *rolls eyes*

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Eh. I'm curious to see how the next Gbatemp tournament is gunna go.
I'd like to see them do pokemon, but it's going to be fucked up because so many people edit their games.
It's pretty lame, actually.
People can't play through shit without cheating anymore. Yeah, a game that's designed for 12 year olds is going to be REAL tough. *rolls eyes*

Then it's easy. DQ them red-handed.

sipoon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thank goodness that it's soo boring to cheat in tetris, that it's not that pervasive..... you are such a sad sack if you cheat in tetris

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it would be more fun if everyone used hacked saves for PokéMon this weekend. That way noone will have an advantage over others.

PokéMon is still about how you use your monsters, not how powerful they are. They all got weaknesses
biggrin.gif
If you start off with the wrong monster, you'll get wiped out anyway.

Hacked saves just makes it much easier to get the right "builds" of monsters.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it would be more fun if everyone used hacked saves for PokéMon this weekend. That way noone will have an advantage over others.

PokéMon is still about how you use your monsters, not how powerful they are. They all got weaknesses
biggrin.gif
If you start off with the wrong monster, you'll get wiped out anyway.

Hacked saves just makes it much easier to get the right "builds" of monsters.

But that takes away the fun of doing it yourself! thats how I see it

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Not interested in playing online with pokemon. Just gonna play with real life mates who I know don't just magic themselves all the pokemon they want at the start.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I hacked pokemon to get some of the legendaries, played for a few hours then decided to put them into storage because it really isn't as fun as finding the pokemon and raising them yourself.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
It dosen't help that some of the most popular carts (R4, M3 G6 etc) now have built in cheats. So even if you didn't know how/about dipstar or other cheat programs, its pretty much INEVITABLE now that they stare you in the face every time you boot a game.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
mm, cheats can be nice i believe, but cheats that affect or are used for online gameplay, that's a different story.

Impetus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I disagree. You're ruining the actual game by cheating. What's the point in playing a game if you are going to cheat? "yay i finished the game - got max everything in 1 hour...then owned ppl on wifi for the next 30 minutes...now what do i do?"

But if you are the cheating type, by all means do what you please. But like you, I have to say that cheating against other people competitively or not is just sad. It really just proves how noob the cheater is.

Oh and in pokemon, those who cheat are usually those who know nothing about the game. You might be able to take that to your advantage to win =P

btw this post isnt against anyone in particular, just general cheaters =\

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The cheat function is very handy. Its just a shame though they couldn't somehow turn the wifi off when you added the cheats. But I think once you cheat and save it the cheats are unlocked already on the save so it doesn't matter anyway. Nintendo are to blame for this for not implementing a system so copied games can't be played online. If everyone had to own the original no one would be cheating online.

bhamophet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i have to agree. i tried using cheats on metroid prime and while mulitplaying owning people with cheats kinda take away the fun of running away or hanging on your dear life. thats wad game is all about rite? dun worry its only lan..not wifi..i didnt destroy anyones life online..lol

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The cheat function is very handy. Its just a shame though they couldn't somehow turn the wifi off when you added the cheats. But I think once you cheat and save it the cheats are unlocked already on the save so it doesn't matter anyway. Nintendo are to blame for this for not implementing a system so copied games can't be played online. If everyone had to own the original no one would be cheating online.
Yeah, cause there's no such thing as an Action Replay for original DS carts anyway.
huh.gif

And you blame Nintendo for allowing copied games online... Do you seriously think they can control that? They're not like allowing us to use any sort of copies, they just can't do much against it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg