Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
me2.
22wirends It is not fun to battle with or vs ideal pokemon. That is because when u battle vs 'normal' enemy, u battle vs trainer. In your case ypu battle vs numbers. and btw where when fun of catching/breeding /=

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thinking about it, if you really want to go into pokemon more, you really go into the mathematical sense. you look at IV, EVs, nature - its all math. if you dont, its rather based on luck and your not getting the full pokemon's potential. the movesets provide SOME kind of strategy, but yeah - even then its limited... once you remove the facelift, pokemon is just hiding a system of mathematics no one would care to look at.

Gene98 said:
In your case ypu battle vs numbers. and btw where when fun of catching/breeding /=
heh, i bred 30 eevee eggs... the pokemon really liked each other... LOL
smile.gif
getting an egg every 20 steps...

doesnt a person also normally try to raise an "ideal" pokemon anyhow? even if they dont have a cheat device, they breed, and such - finding the right natures - getting the better IVs - getting the egg moves - which basically constitutes yet another EV training for a "great" pokemon. requiring great amounts of time... which could have been used elsewhere...

given enough time, most pokemon battles are ideal.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont think I necessarily cheat on Pokemon. I use the AR to get some Pokes from the other games and even some legendaries. But I beat the E4 before I even used the AR. And I dont use things like infinite health or other wierd stuff. Just simply to get the pokemon that I want, then raise em up.

silentreapr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ah yes because clearly spending 10 minutes doing the same thing as a person who spends 30 hours on it somehow gives me some sort of distinct advantage over that person, even though end result is exactly the same.

Obviously you guys are confusing cheating to shorten time with cheating to gain an advantage.
If I hacked a Charizard to somehow have something like, Thunder and you sent out a water pokemon against me, and I used Thunder then yes, that would ruin the experience and I am against that.

But, if a person modified his Charizard, made it level 100 with relatively the same stats as a person who trained their Charizard to 100, I don't see anything wrong with that. In the end it's all going to boil down to skill and move set anyway.

You may say, "it take the fun out of it."
But you know, grinding the Elite Four 1000 times isn't exactly, fun.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I agree with the goodness that is grind-skipping, but let's face it, most gamers will go all the way to the end of cheats. It's no fun playing against racers who infinite turbo boost or hunters that can fly when you want to play a serious game of skills. If Nintendo had the guts to do something similar to what Microsoft did with X360, but with regards to cheat devices etc (if at all possible) that'd be great. As it is now, WiFi is only good for downloadable content and playing with chums who are REAL chums overseas.

Heck, now heaps of cheaters can cruise through DS games like nothing.. whatever happened to one's own prowess? I enjoyed the early days when the boards were full of ppl helping each other overcome challenges, but now everyone is 1337. Whatever.

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
I am baffled as to why the "R4 team" is wasting their time implementing cheat support instead of working on relevant features such as download and play support and fixing other issues with existing games.

Supply and demand dictates that people are demanding cheats, since they are supplying them. I assume the demand is greater in China than it is elsewhere.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not interested in cheats period, unless it does something cool like unlock test levels or allow more playable characters or something. As far as I'm concerned almost all games made nowadays are WAY too easy as it is.

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm probably a minority, but that 20 hour grind is kind of the point for me. I got my DS for my birthday in July last year, since then I've bought four games and I'm still trying to finish the last one (FF3).

Maybe it's because I'm old enough to have played games when a two player game meant one person using the keyboard and another using the joystick (or even sharing the keyboard). Cheating against your friends wasn't an option.

Not quite off-topic, but I'm curious. Is there an "old-school paper-pen-dice gamers don't cheat" and "what's-a-d8? gamers do" division?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
DON'T BUMP OLD THREADS!

QUOTE said:
I am baffled as to why the "R4 team" is wasting their time implementing cheat support instead of working on relevant features such as download and play support and fixing other issues with existing games.

The R4 team has already released a firmware that works with Download Play on all titles... but then again, you posted this in May.

spanks54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've cheated for a few generations in pokemon now, but I've got to say, its really, too me, more of a bypass for catching all the buggers then anything. I mean, I really don't have the money to shell outon 3 diffrent versions just to catch everything, let alone the extra gba/ds i would need to do the trading.but then again i'm some sort of collection freak. But I also think theres a diffrence between grind-skipping and saying just getting a lvl 100 whatever with its own max stats for each stat. I mean, afterall, they don't let people use steroids beat out legitiment racers in, say, the olympics, so why let people who cheated all the hard work of a lvl 100 shiney charizard compete with someone who, say, legitimently spent hours hatching eggs just to find one?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinion on Pokemon hacking:

I don't really care as long as you don't put them outside the bounds of the game mechanics.

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
people who complain about snaking are pussies who dont know how to do it. if your complainin so much then just learn how to do it instead of hoping that everyone stops

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs