Hacking Cheat with Gateway cart?

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apart from using other people's saves you cannot on the red card, you can however use cheats for DS games on the blue card.
Oh, there is also a homebrew play coin setter if you count that as cheating.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The play coin setter is actually a developer tool and not actually homebrew. It definitely has it's uses though.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The play coin setter is actually a developer tool and not actually homebrew. It definitely has it's uses though.

Off-topic, but I'm surprised that you can do those things in usermode.
Or does the 3DS has some sort of permission management?

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is it not homebrew? I can see why it could be developer tool if you wanted to implement some sort of play coin functionality into your 3DS homebrew.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not homebrew because it is an official developer tool.

I saw it mentioned by the main guys that actually know what they are talking about on the hacking thread when Omega launched.

Edit: I only mentioned that it wasn't homebrew due the firestorm that was caused when people were running around claiming it to be. Some of the new guys on the boards saw it and began running around claiming that everything from real time saves and real time cheating were just a heartbeat away with Gateway. Then you had a bunch of anti hack people (mainly Pokemon) flooding in, and it turned into a flame war in various topics. Why an anti hacker would be doing in a hacking/Powersaves thread is beyond me, but to each his own I guess.

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, didn't realise it was a Nintendo dev tool. Didn't think someone would have been able to extract that so I thought it must be homebrew.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, didn't realise it was a Nintendo dev tool. Didn't think someone would have been able to extract that so I thought it must be homebrew.

I was surprised too, but not too long after Omega went live, one of the ROM groups actually posted the entire dev tool kit. Granted, the vast majority of people have no clue how to use it but it's out there! :lol:

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apart from using other people's saves you cannot on the red card, you can however use cheats for DS games on the blue card.
Oh, there is also a homebrew play coin setter if you count that as cheating.
I know you can't post links, but can anyone help point me in the right direction for finding this? A filename or a releasename or something would help.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can't post links, but can anyone help point me in the right direction for finding this? A filename or a releasename or something would help.

I will be honest. I cannot remember where I got it. Somebody converted it from the dev kit into a .3DS file. It's actual title is PlayCoinSetter in the Dev Kit if that helps.

Reactions: Nurio

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The links were actually posted on this here forum, that's where I got it from :P

Unless it got deleted or something, but either way just thought I'd mention that

Now, does anyone know if there's a dev tool for erasing game entries from your software library so I can hide the fact I've used that PlayCoinSetter a ton of times? :gba:

skitariister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get told (for Dual Destinies anyways) that my save is corrupted and automatically reformats when I use someone else's save.

Am I doing something wrong? A helpful person said that I should load another game first before replacing the save file, but when I tried that the game still reformats "corrupted" save data.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I get told (for Dual Destinies anyways) that my save is corrupted and automatically reformats when I use someone else's save.

Am I doing something wrong? A helpful person said that I should load another game first before replacing the save file, but when I tried that the game still reformats "corrupted" save data.
Are you using the rom as a .3dz save, shared saves are generally only for using on .3ds format roms, if they are for a .3dz rom they will have to include the header used to create the save also

skitariister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the rom as a .3dz save, shared saves are generally only for using on .3ds format roms, if they are for a .3dz rom they will have to include the header used to create the save also

I...didn't do anything involving .3dz. Rom is a .3ds format rom. I think..

skitariister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-