Cheap Live Points

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by 3DPiper, Feb 22, 2012.

Feb 22, 2012

Cheap Live Points by 3DPiper at 7:56 PM (709 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. 3DPiper
    OP

Member 3DPiper GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I may start purchasing points to buy games online, it seems cheaper than a physical disc (and I don't have to worry about the kids scratching it)..

I saw a site selling very cheap points, like $20 for 12,000 points.. They provide you with a live account id/pass that has the points already attached to it..

The only catch was you had to use all the points within a day or two..

Anyone used this before? Safe?

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    dont use it
    the points are obtained via credit card fraud, thats why the tell you to use the points quickly before MS catches on

3. frogboy

Member frogboy lacking both style and grace

United States
    It's not safe, most likely a fraud.

4. 3DPiper
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I'll just order the points off of Amazon..!

:)

5. 3DPiper
    OP

United States
    Hmm.. As I browse the marketplace, I don't understand why some games aren't on there..

I can see why NEW games aren't there, but some older games aren't there when they are
    available for download..

For instance, I can buy a Gunstringer/FruitNinja download code
    from ebay to download both games, but I only see FruitNinja on the marketplace..

Does everything eventually end up in the marketplace?

I like the thought of just downloading all my games, but now I see
    they aren't all available to download.. :(

6. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    It's 'safe' but it's a black market deal. Cheaper but illegal. So it's more of a moral debate. I'd explain the intricacies but i'm just too lazy to do it a third time on this forum.

As for the games, I have no idea. What is this even for? Fruit ninja is a crappy cellphone game, isn't it?

7. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    With black market deals $20 can usually get you more than 12,000..
    But the above posts are correct, they are paid with stolen cards and is illegal. I have never tried it, but I have heard stories of personal gamertag being banned if you are a repeated user of these carded accounts.

Some Xbox DLC/games are only available with a game/preorder/some promotion... and are not available for purchase on the marketplace. Over time some exclusive items may appear on the marketplace. As with Gunstringer, not sure why it isn't available for purchase in the marketplace when they already setup for digital download...

1 person likes this.
  8. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Gunstringer is currently redeem code download only. It doesn't mean it's not on the marketplace, it just means that it isn't available yet (if ever) for purchase with MS points or a CC. This has been done many times, mainly with pre-order DLC. The code will work just fine.

9. 3DPiper
    OP

United States
    Gunstringer is currently redeem code download only.

I wasn't sure if it was a silver/gold account thing (ie, you have to upgrade to gold to see all the games that are really available)..

That is fine, I bought 3 download codes off of ebay for less than $15! Very happy with that..