Hacking Changing Title/Year/Player in Japanese VC games?

althena77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello!

I have the PC Engine game "Dracula X: Rondo of Blood" on my Wii and I can play the without any problems, however when I select the game from the menu there all the information (title, year, number of players) show up empty.

I tried to fix that myself but failed so far. In VCBrlyt I can't select another language but Japanese, so I first tried to change all the entries JPN into GER and later I also tried ENG. However after that my Wii would freeze when I select the game in the menu.
Next I tried to replace the brlyt with the one from a western PC Engine game (Gate of Thunder) but that will also let my Wii freeze when I select the game.
Is there maybe another way to let Japanese VC show up these information in the menu?

Thanks and greetings!

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Inside the banner'bin file is a 'anim' folder with two files. Open both of them in a Hex Editor and replace 'JPN' entries with 'ENG'. That will allow the Japanese Name, Year and Title to appear on a US/Europe Wii (doesn't mater what language your Wii is set as).

Now use this to edit the text inside the VCBrlyt file. Make sure you select 'ENG' and click on 'Hardcore Manual' edit which gives you the required options to change the required text.

althena77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replay, unfortunately this solution doesn't seem to work in case of Dracula X
sleep.gif

In the 'anim' folder I edited the two files (banner_Loop.brlan and banner_Start.brlan) with a hex eitor, in both files I found one 'JPN' entry I changed to 'ENG'.

The problem is now, that in the 'banner.brlyt' seem to be no international entries at all, when I open it with VCBrlyt you also recommended, there are under 'Hardcore Manual' only Japanese values I can change and not many other languages.
T_Year_JPN, T_Play_JPN, T_VCTitle_JPN and T_PF are the only options.

So the problem is that international values are not there at all, so you also can't change them. I tried to edit the 'banner.brlyt' again with a hex editor and changed all 'JPN' entries again to 'ENG' but this also doesn't help, my Wii doesn't freeze anymore after editing the two files in the 'anim' folder but still no name, year and number of players are displayed on my tv.

Is there maybe a way to add international entries to the 'banner.brlyt'?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1