Hardware Changing hard drive on rebug cfw slim PS3

Peio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I want to change the 160GB hd in my console. I bought it with everything needed installed (cfw, multiman, webman, etc).

If I use the backup utility to make a backup to an external and restore that on the new hard drive after installing the cfw .PUP, will that restore all those other programs ? or do I need to reinstall everything myself after installing the cfw.

Thanks

Peio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
and another question, if I somehow mess up the new hard drive (you never know :P), can I just pop the old one back in and get everything back as it was ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you'd FTP over all your games and savegames to another HDD (keeping everything on the old one) then yep, nothing gets moved/deleted when you're FTPing.

Peio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I was thinking of using the ps3 backup utility, not ftping everything. Which is better ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd personally say FTP over your games and savegames.
It takes longer but hey, atleast you can keep your old HDD as a backup incase things go wrong.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
What I did to transfer my content from original HDD to another HDD was to put the original HDD in the PS3, then plug the another HDD into PS3 via USB enclosure, then use the HDD Transfer Utility in the Debug settings to transfer original HDD to another HDD. After that was done, I swapped another HDD to original HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night