Hacking Changing from wbfs drive to NTFS or FAT32-

dori2o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently changing my HDD setup from WBFS to either a full FAT32 drive or a small FAT32 partition and then the remainder in NTFS, I use WiiFlow as the USB loader. This brings me to question 1, which would be the best set up?

Second, I have partition Magic on my PC, is this OK for changing/removing the partitions or is there better partition program that I should be using?

Finally, my current set up is a 3.5" ATA HDD in a caddy. I have another spare 3.5" ATA HDD that I could use for the Wii.Is there any way to use 2 HDD's at once, or a way to stack them?

Many thanks.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only way to use both discs at once would be to put them into a storage box with a RAID controller with RAID 0 or JBOD. But I would not recommend that, because if 1 disc dies the whole data is likely lost. Of course you can put them into 2 external cases and switch the USB connector every time you want to play a game thats on the other HDD. As far as I know no homebrew loader/programm/whatever supports 2 disc at once.
And like Sao Mortel I'd recommend using FAT32 at the moment, the support of that is better. If someday NTFS is fully supported by most homebrew switching should be easy, Windows XP at least has a programm to convert (it is actually named convert.exe) FAT to NTFS without losing the data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night