ROM Hack Changing colours with .TLB files? (Zelda:TFH)

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After recently discovering Switch Toolbox, I had a renewed interest in completing my Purple Link patch for Zelda: Tri Force Heroes. Most of the remaining work involved particle (.PTCL) files which I was finally able to edit using that app.

Then I found that a couple things, strangely, weren't changing from green to purple in-game even though I edited all the appropriate particles. For instance, the little magical orb that jets between the Links as you switch control of the doppels. Green Link had turned purple, and the "poof" and smoke when you switch to him was purple, but the orb was still green. I triple-checked all of the game's particle files for that orb's colours and could. not. find. them.

There's another type of file that's usually packed alongside the game's model (.BCH) files, called .TLB files, found in folders called TL. I'm not sure what that stands for; possibly "Time Line", as they seem to contain behaviour data for the game's objects, characters, and interactive background elements. Looking through these files in a hex editor, they contained the names of instructions that seemed to be what I was looking for. I'm pretty sure these files are responsible for other colour effects, such as the way most bosses begin flashing red when their health is low. Several bosses change their eye colour to the Link they're targeting; most of these are done with textures, but one boss's isn't (Blizzagia), and its corresponding .TLB file contains instructions that are probably what does it.

But I have no clue how to work with these files. They look structurally similar to .BYAML files and contain some little-endian floating points, but the Byaml editors and converters (to an XML-like format) that I've tried don't work with them. Sooooooo I'm putting this out there in hopes that somebody has dealt with these files before or is willing to take a look at some for me. I started that patch a few years ago and it would be great to finally complete it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: +2