Question Change thread title (and other questions

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Zacchi4k, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    Hi everyone,
    Some days ago I opened a thread (http://gbatemp.net/threads/sd-card-slot-problems.392877/) because my 3DS' SD card slot broke. Today I changed it so I fixed the problem, so I want to add a [SOLVED] prefix to the title; but I can't find any way to do it. How can I change a thread's title?

Also, is it possible to entirely delete my threads or my messages posted in threads (AFAIK i can only edit it in something like "*Message deleted*")?

EDIT: I also want to change this thread's title because I forgot a parenthesis :P

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    To prevent abuse, titles can only be edited by moderators. You just report your post with the new title, and they'll get on it as soon as they see it. The same goes for message deletion. It's essentially a countermeasure in case someone gets upset and decides to go on a deleting spree or otherwise.

3. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    Ok thanks :)

4. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Please feel free to PM a moderator and we can change the title for you (or delete, move etc.). As @Nathan Drake said, it's to prevent abuse.

5. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    I see you already did it xD
    Thanks!

6. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    wait a second.....
    ok, I get the deleting thing, but what about renaming? why is that forbidden too?

7. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    I'm not a site mod or anything but I imagine it's something to do with this example

Suppose someone created a thread titled "3DS best system of all time" and the OP says "Title says it all, what do you think?" and it gets loads of replies saying "HELL YEAH!!!"

but then the thread OP renames the thread to "human trafficking needs to be legalised" or s/t like that. any viewer of the thread then would be really weirded out by all the positive comments..

8. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Only Lucifer to think of something like this. >_<

Lucifer666 likes this.
  9. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy