Hacking Change region NTSC -> PAL after softmod

roosterben

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
** Duplicate please remove, reposted this question in ModMII **

I have softmodded (using ModMII) a friend WII which was imported from US into Australia.

Firmware is 4.2U softmod was successfull. However when testing some PAL games originals from disc I encontered some problems. Endless Oceans 2 has flashing black screens between cut scenes and Aragorn's Quest fails to load with a black screen.

Since my friend will be buying/renting PAL games I don't think newer games will not work.

How can I use ModMII to change the region to PAL? Can I just answer the ModMII wizard questions and choose 4.2E (instead of the 4.2U which is the current firmware)?

Bye the way awesome program I have modded 2 WIIs one running 4.1E and the above running 4.2U. Keep up the good work.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know shit about region changing, but I DO know it is quite risky if not done correctly. Instead, I would suggest you install Waninkokos cIOS 249 if you do not already and load the disks with the latest revision of Neogamma. Neogamma, though a backup loader, will also load official disks, and can force the region to a different one upon changing the setting.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Before region changing your wii, I suggest using priiloader and use the hax to region free everything. I can't garantee it'll solve the problems mentioned, but it's at least worth a shot.

EDIT: in case you insist: you can use anyregion changer to change regions. I don't know by heart if modmii has a tutorial to switch regions, but if not I don't think that lying about the region to get all the PAL files is a good idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill