Change region NTSC -> PAL after softmod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by roosterben, Feb 1, 2011.

1. roosterben
    OP

roosterben Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2011
    ** Duplicate please remove, reposted this question in ModMII **

I have softmodded (using ModMII) a friend WII which was imported from US into Australia.

Firmware is 4.2U softmod was successfull. However when testing some PAL games originals from disc I encontered some problems. Endless Oceans 2 has flashing black screens between cut scenes and Aragorn's Quest fails to load with a black screen.

Since my friend will be buying/renting PAL games I don't think newer games will not work.

How can I use ModMII to change the region to PAL? Can I just answer the ModMII wizard questions and choose 4.2E (instead of the 4.2U which is the current firmware)?

Bye the way awesome program I have modded 2 WIIs one running 4.1E and the above running 4.2U. Keep up the good work.

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I don't know shit about region changing, but I DO know it is quite risky if not done correctly. Instead, I would suggest you install Waninkokos cIOS 249 if you do not already and load the disks with the latest revision of Neogamma. Neogamma, though a backup loader, will also load official disks, and can force the region to a different one upon changing the setting.

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Before region changing your wii, I suggest using priiloader and use the hax to region free everything. I can't garantee it'll solve the problems mentioned, but it's at least worth a shot.

EDIT: in case you insist: you can use anyregion changer to change regions. I don't know by heart if modmii has a tutorial to switch regions, but if not I don't think that lying about the region to get all the PAL files is a good idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice