Homebrew Change CtrBootManager color?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works perfect for me, looks better as a black screen now. Everything works as normal, just replace the .3dsx file and you're done.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Here it is, I havent tested it yet though, so before renaming it to boot, please test it :)

y2WUYzW.jpg
smart really nice.....hows about a nice blue colour one that matches the recent homemenuhax screens i.e reinand rxtools and cakes. could have a nice darkish blue font the enhances the nice kinda sky blue of the background. but if its too much like work thats ok thx for considering.....

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smart really nice.....hows about a nice blue colour one that matches the recent homemenuhax screens i.e reinand rxtools and cakes. could have a nice darkish blue font the enhances the nice kinda sky blue of the background. but if its too much like work thats ok thx for considering.....
You could just install the grid Homebrew launcher and then download one of the many dark themes for it.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
You could just install the grid Homebrew launcher and then download one of the many dark themes for it.

but if your coldbooting to one of the cfw reinand rxtools or cakes the ctrboot mngr is onscreen for quite a few seconds you never actually see hbl at all

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if your coldbooting to one of the cfw reinand rxtools or cakes the ctrboot mngr is onscreen for quite a few seconds you never actually see hbl at all
You can change the amount of seconds that CTR boot manager takes to auto select the default option. Change it to 30 seconds if you don't like the timer at all.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very low boot rate with N3DS Reinand 3.1, almost won't boot. Switched back to original and all is fixed...sry bro.

megatallica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!!
I tried to compile, but I did not make it. What tools do you use to compile?

I used Cmake and Msys, remember to compile all the public libraries for devkitPro aswell :)

+1 to CakesFW not booting, not even from homebrew launcher. But then I don't think I ever got CakesFW to work before.
Thanks for the heads up

Reinand also not booting on N3DS with the black ctr

Very low boot rate with N3DS Reinand 3.1, almost won't boot. Switched back to original and all is fixed...sry bro.

Can anyone comfirm this is just a n3ds problem, Cirta is throwing a "Unimplemented Function Error" for a n3ds cpu function, so I want to know if thats where I should start, and if the problem only exists on n3ds, then its probably a good place to start.

Reactions: Real.96

GinkREAL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made an account just for this. Hi megatallica, may I know what part of the source you changed? Can't seem to find it myself

megatallica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made an account just for this. Hi megatallica, may I know what part of the source you changed? Can't seem to find it myself
Its in the GL code, with basic understanding of how rendering works, you can conclude the background is most likely the clear buffer, so look for the clear function, dont have the code right now so I cant tell you exactly where it is, but I think its in gfx.c

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

QUick update the error exists in the original build, so no help there, Ill try some other stuff

NeroxPlayer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, thank you for your work.

Sometimes not properly inserted in ReiNand 3.1, and not off the console from _more options, stays frozen.

The console is a N3DS

Regards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1