Gaming CFW with or without a Pandora's Battery?

tmujir955

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a PSP and I am waiting for my Pandora's battery. But I want to have CFW now, and I'm afraid my battery may take two or three weeks to arrive. So I found this guide. I have a Madden blue psp, which I think has a hackable motherboard. My questions are:

1. Is installing CFW without a Pandora's Battery have the same result as doing it with a Pandora's Battery?
2. Which method is safer?
3. Will I be able to play games from my memory stick?
4. Can I install GEN on my psp if it has been hacked without a pandora's battery. If yes, how?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for the help!

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're on a firmware lower than or on 5.03 then get chickHEN R2 and then run PSPident and post the picture that will be on your memory stick root onto here.

Both are available from my thread (link in sig).

tmujir955

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on system software 3.95.

Also, not be be rude, but why do I need to do the things you told me to do? I checked my box and know my psp is hackable.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
tmujir955 said:
Im on system software 3.95.

Also, not be be rude, but why do I need to do the things you told me to do? I checked my box and know my psp is hackable.
Just so I can figure out everything about your PSP....that makes me sound intrusive, lol.

So yeah, download and install 5.03, run chickHEN then PSPident and I can figure out what to do from there.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tmujir955 said:
So I just got a PSP and I am waiting for my Pandora's battery. But I want to have CFW now, and I'm afraid my battery may take two or three weeks to arrive. So I found this guide. I have a Madden blue psp, which I think has a hackable motherboard. My questions are:

1. Is installing CFW without a Pandora's Battery have the same result as doing it with a Pandora's Battery?
2. Which method is safer?
3. Will I be able to play games from my memory stick?
4. Can I install GEN on my psp if it has been hacked without a pandora's battery. If yes, how?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for the help!
Screw that guide. This one is far better.

1. Yes, you will have the exact same results.
2. I think the non-Pandora method is safer because the latest version of Hellcat's Recovery Flasher will not install CFW on your PSP if it is not hackable.
3. Yes.
4. Yes. From 5.00 M33 that HCRF installs, get the installer for 5.50 GEN-D from PSPSlimHacks and then install it in 5.00 M33. The instructions are included IIRC. Then, upgrade to 5.50 GEN-D2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1