CFW 5.50 GEN-C

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Gluupor, Oct 17, 2009.

Oct 17, 2009

CFW 5.50 GEN-C by Gluupor at 9:19 AM (9,129 Views / 0 Likes) 96 replies

1. Gluupor
    OP

Newcomer Gluupor Member

Germany
    Team GEN made it again they are gonna release the latest version of their CFW: 5.50 GEN-C

Most important change is the compatibility to current games ...
    meaning u wont have to patch ur backup image before u can play it on a PSP with a CFW no matter if it requires 5.55 or 6.00 OFW

(PSPGen.com)

According to their site they gonna release it on Sunday night (yea its this weekend already [​IMG] )

fly safe

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
  3. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    Probably never, I mean, I don't understand GEN. 5.55, 6.00 and 6.10 have been out for some time, but yet, they still stick to 5.50. Really, that's kinda stupid.

On one hand, you have Dark-Alex on m33 who won't do a firmware until something is worth the update. On the other hands, you have those frenchies who waste their time on 5.50 versions when new ones are out. They probably looked at the newer ones and surrendered anyway.

I mean, when version 9.00 or 10.00 or whatever comes out, m33 will have done at least another version by then (maybe), but GEn ... nah, still gonna stuck on 5.50

4. manaphy4ever

Member manaphy4ever GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bahrain
    does GEN 5.55 C support psp slim 2004?

5. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    It isn't even out yet and it probably will be. Well depending if you can have perm cfw on the psp slim.

6. Mr. Waffle

Member Mr. Waffle A Free Waffle

Netherlands
    Hope we can sign into psn again with this update, probably not, because it still is 5.50.
    I wanna play online again, singleplayer kinda sucks =(

7. Taik

Member Taik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France

Wanna know why they aren't doing it ?
    It's really hard to do a CFW you know you don't just have to Copy/Paste some code or something, you have to hack the keys and everything.
    If you don't like them because they stick to 5.50, just do your own 6.10 CFW and stop critisizing.

Thanks =D

8. Gluupor
    OP

Newcomer Gluupor Member

Germany
    i rather have them stuck in 5.50 (if u wanna call it this way) but a running bugfree version
    than some random (faked) 6.10 thats full of errors

apart from that competition is good for the "market" [​IMG]

fly safe

9. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    as someone said earlier, they aren't releasing 5.55+ cfw because they haven't found a way to make it cfw yet. If it can be done, they would've done it instead of releasing all these tools on the side. Honestly, there's really no need to be bickering over things people aren't doing. Breaking and troubles, I understand, but people releasing stuff for free? gotta draw the line somewhere.

10. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I just saw on another forum website (I can't link to this because it includes downloading PSP games) that there is custom firmware 5.50 GEN-C now but it's fake and it's not been tested. So yeah, if you want a real one, please be patient until Sunday night.

11. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    About 6.00/6.10 CFW:

(Engrish by Google Translate)

12. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Heh, I still play games fine on 5.00 M33. (:

Go Yoshihiro!

13. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    At least GEN are doing something unlike M33.

14. Raiser

Canada
    Honestly, I respect GENs work, but I don't give a damn until games are no longer decrypted for M33.
    Once that happens, I'll consider GEN.

15. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Dunno why people are so hardcore for M33 >_>. DA practically ditched us when we needed him most. And pretty soon ISO Dumpers are gonna stop dumping patched games, which means your gonna have to start doing it yourself, and slowly but surely, games are gonna stop working on M33 5.00.

16. Maedhros

Member Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    WHO do you think that made the Decrypter? DaX? No, GEN did. ;/ So, if you're playing on firmware M33, it's thanks to GEN.

17. Raiser

Canada
    I'm not hardcore for M33. In fact, I hate on all those DA loving bishes too.
    I know M33 will die eventually. I just don't see a point in going to a "non-stable" CFW yet when M33 still works perfectly fine.

And to Maedhros, read this:
    I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT DA (anymore).

As I posted "I respect GENs work". That doesn't mean piss on them and let me play my M33.
    It means props to them for their efforts, but I'm not switching to GEN just yet.

18. Maedhros

Member Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    GEN firmware is based on M33 firmware. What's so NON-STABLE on GEN? Plugins? Most of them work on GEN already (or the most important, like CXMB, Pops, IRShell, VSH Menu). I'm using it for one month now, and I didn't have any major bug.

19. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    As far as i'm concerned GEN haven't really done much in the way of firmware....i'm not jumping on board a bash GEN, hardcore M33 bandwagon, i just believe that the GEN team have been riding on the work of others and that this is the reason an all new, singing and dancing firmware has not materialised.

As for the arguments that at least GEN is doing something...well Dark Alex never really went around parading his intentions; he just released things. Who knows what's going on the world of the PSP illuminati.

20. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    What's preventing me from upgrading from 5.00 m33 is the lack of 1.50 support (for older emulators, etc that were never updated to run on other firmware) and the breaking of some plugins I want to use (CWCHEAT for example).