Gaming CFW 5.50 GEN-C

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dgwillia said:
Yeah, i decided im not gonna update until C is either more stable, or until i get a second battery to pandora-ize. Too many bugs with this one. Gran Turismo doesnt work, i heard the Internet Browser wont work, along with the possible risks of bricking.

Internet Browser is working...

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wierd, 3+ people i talked to on another site said it was just looping and giving random errors when connecting. Even more reason for me to not want to update

Yeah, apparently this thing is riddled with bugs and errors. Some people get error messages when trying to connect to the Internet Browser (Some just loop infinatley and they have to close it), some people cant play certain games (Like Gran Turismo), and some people cant even play any games older than 5.50 at all.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
I can play my Gran Turismo EU UMD on GEN-C. The internet browser also works for me.

The only problem I have found is I get an error message when entering PSN which is almost equivelant to GEN-B2's PSN upgrade message, but now you can use MediaGO on the PC to get DLC.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
raing3 said:
I can play my Gran Turismo EU UMD on GEN-C. The internet browser also works for me.

The only problem I have found is I get an error message when entering PSN which is almost equivelant to GEN-B2's PSN upgrade message, but now you can use MediaGO on the PC to get DLC.

Yes, there is a connection error when trying to enter PSN, even unsigned.

I don't have a clean ISO of Gran Turismo here now, but soon I will test it...

MZ EXE.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be very buggy. They must have rushed though it. ;.;

PSN is inaccessable, but All my games do run without patches. (Anyone else able to access PSN?)

Tested Disgaea 2 UMD and it ran but I think I'll go back to 5.50 GEN-B2

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, unless some new games require something C has that B-2 doesnt, theres absolutley no point to risk updating to C. (Unless you have a Pandora, or dont get your games from Uploaders who pre-patch them for you)

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really there is little point to update to C version, I did it only because I like to test things
smile.gif

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
decompressed my Clean GT from a cso to iso and now works! also using m33 no umd driver.

i only use my psp to play games, final fantasy works, so will stick with C for now

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah all other games i tested were in cso format, GT was the only one that didnt work but works when iso

from what i can tell games wise, this firmware does what it says on the tin, all games i tried work unpatched, maybe its just me but GT needed to be in iso format

all games worked with m33 no umd.

MZ EXE.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
Really there is little point to update to C version, I did it only because I like to test things
smile.gif
Yep, other than the PSN being inaccessible and +5.50 games working, everything is the same.

The thing thats making me want to go back to 5.50 GEN-B2 would be the Video playback 480x272 (I often watch anime on my PSP ;.; )

I think a GEN-C2 might come since they say that they are porting the Speed Up Memory Stick Option, Unless I'm reading it wrong ;.;

THitsu10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave Fullmetal and Soul Caliber a quick try....nothing... SC only loads as a ISO and then hangs with the numbers at the match loading screen... and then FMA only makes it to the menu

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
THitsu10 said:
I gave Fullmetal and Soul Caliber a quick try....nothing... SC only loads as a ISO and then hangs with the numbers at the match loading screen... and then FMA only makes it to the menu

Soul Calibur US and JP are really not working (they don't work with decrypter either). Only EU version works unpatched on C. Fullmetal still requires a cheat code.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
triassic911 said:
clegion said:
nah , i will skip until it is stable
Same here. M33 until GEN is stable.

Well, B2 is stable :wtf:a.

EDIT: Tested Gran Turismo (USA) Unpatched @ CSO 9 in both Sony NP9660 and M33 Driver. Worked flawlessly in both.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CSO compressed files were giving me issues as well. Batch decompressed using PSPConv and all is good now. GREAT update! All of the games I have tested work....all the new ones too
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Mhm