Gaming CFW 5.50 GEN-C

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
What's preventing me from upgrading from 5.00 m33 is the lack of 1.50 support (for older emulators, etc that were never updated to run on other firmware) and the breaking of some plugins I want to use (CWCHEAT for example).

CWCheat works fine. Nintendo, Snes, TG16, N64, Genesis works fine for me, haven't tried others on 5.50b2

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
djricekcn said:
cracker said:
What's preventing me from upgrading from 5.00 m33 is the lack of 1.50 support (for older emulators, etc that were never updated to run on other firmware) and the breaking of some plugins I want to use (CWCHEAT for example).

CWCheat works fine. Nintendo, Snes, TG16, N64, Genesis works fine for me, haven't tried others on 5.50b2
GBC, Master System, and GBA all work for me. Oh, and the DS one works too, albeit slow, which isn't the CFW's fault.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maedhros said:
I didn't have any major bug.
Which means you encountered minor bugs.
Major or not, bugs are bugs.

If GEN released a full-on CFW like M33 (again, not trying to be a hardcore M33 fan; just in terms of stability and functionality), sure, I'd update.
I don't really know how GEN-C is, but previous GEN releases were pretty unstable as I think about it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
GEN C just incorporates the decrypter...it's a minor thing to keep the fans happy. It doesn't do anything new....

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xist said:
GEN C just incorporates the decrypter...it's a minor thing to keep the fans happy. It doesn't do anything new....

It's really a minor improvement. But a LOT of people cannot decrypt isos (although it's a really simple procedure, imo).

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Simple procedure, yes, but some people either don't know how to or, like me, are too lazy to.
tongue.gif

I welcome GEN-C with open arms. x]

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Raiser said:
Maedhros said:

If GEN released a full-on CFW like M33 (again, not trying to be a hardcore M33 fan; just in terms of stability and functionality), sure, I'd update.
I don't really know how GEN-C is, but previous GEN releases were pretty unstable as I think about it.

Again, all you do is talking and talking... show some of these bugs to me. When I said I haven't encountered major bugs, I wanted to say that I have NO bugs at all.

And what emulator does not have support on PSP Slim? CPS1/CPS2, Genesis, Snes, GBA, all of these have versions for Slim.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn said:
cracker said:

That's good to know. I was told otherwise by someone who tried it but might have just been a fluke with the plugin that required a hard reset of the PSP, etc.

I'll admit that I haven't spent a whole lot of time looking for homebrew that has been updated to run on newer firmware but there are a lot of old titles that have been abandoned and only work on 1.50. Guess I will just have have to see if I can deal w/o them and make the jump to 5.50. But hopefully there will be a 1.50 addon for it soon so I won't have to lose anything.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maedhros said:
Raiser said:
Maedhros said:

Again, all you do is talking and talking... show some of these bugs to me. When I said I haven't encountered major bugs, I wanted to say that I have NO bugs at all.

And what emulator does not have support on PSP Slim? CPS1/CPS2, Genesis, Snes, GBA, all of these have versions for Slim.
Do you have a problem with my preference of M33 over GEN? I never hated on GEN even ONCE.
And when I mean "previous GEN releases" I mean released CFWs prior to 5.50 as well. I wouldn't know any of these errors or bugs because I've never used GEN. I forward what I read on.

I don't see how you mixed up "no major bugs" with "no bugs at all".

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raiser said:
Maedhros said:
Raiser said:
Maedhros said:

Do you have a problem with my preference of M33 over GEN? I never hated on GEN even ONCE.
And when I mean "previous GEN releases" I mean released CFWs prior to 5.50 as well. I wouldn't know any of these errors or bugs because I've never used GEN. I forward what I read on.

I don't see how you mixed up "no major bugs" with "no bugs at all".

/facepalm
He's not saying GEN-B2 is bug-free, he's saying that he hasn't encountered a bug in his experience of GEN-B2. GEN-B2 may have bugs, but not even I have encountered one. However, even PSPGEN says it has bugs, so they must be out there.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the leap from 5.00m33-6 to 5.50 GEN-B2 about a week ago and I'm really glad I did. I have had nothing but good luck with it...it works great.

Now with the news of C coming tomorrow, this is something I personally am *really* anticipating. Great work GEN team!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Maedhros said:
Raiser said:
Maedhros said:

NesterJ 1.20 is the big one. Yes, there are versions of the NES emulator for the Slim, but none of them support multiplayer over wifi. There is also DGEN, as PicoDrive doesn't have a turbo/overclock mode (useful for RPGs like Phantasy Star). Hopefully GEN-C will get LEDA working as both of those work fine on my Slim running 5.00M33-6 with LEDA installed.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Maedhros @ Oct 18 2009, 01:08 AM)
There's still Time Machine and LEDA.

Unfortunately LEDA doesn't work on GEN-B2, though at least it doesn't brick. Hopefully GEN-C will support LEDA and have a decent MS speedup option (fatmsmod slows down random access of small files, such as browsing pictures/videos for me though it does speed up things like games (ISO/POPS).

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Already out:

EDIT: Bugged version, links removed.

yoshihiro said:
Hi guyz this version it's a bad version the good one come as soon in few hours sorry for this mistake :|

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also heard people are having problems with thier XMB hanging after installing. (I think it involves them having themes active when they update, so it can be solved by using the default theme when installing), but if it does happen, you have to format your Flash 1 settings in the Recovery menu. Im still gonna wait a bit before updating though, just incase some huge error or something starts happening

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
tried a couple of patched and unpatched games, beaterator (patched and Unpatched), dirt 2 (patched), Dissidia Final fantasy (Unpatched) and gran turismo (Unpatched)

gran turismo didnt work, not sure why

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i decided im not gonna update until C is either more stable, or until i get a second battery to pandora-ize. Too many bugs with this one. Gran Turismo doesnt work, i heard the Internet Browser wont work, along with the possible risks of bricking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can