Hacking CfgUSB: Wiimote Connection Problem

GuyMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Two problems in two days, I'm on a roll!

Configurable USB Loader runs like a charm for me in pretty much every way, except my second Wiimote disconnects (and won't reconnect) every time I boot up a game. I can get both Wiimotes synced and connected on the channel screen as well as in the CfgUSB GUI, but as soon as the game boots, the lights on the second will go out and no matter what I try, I can't get it to work.

I've tried temporary sync with 1+2, I've tried standard sync, I've tried standard sync after resetting the sync, I've unplugged and waited. I also tried updating to the latest build.

It seems like a few people have had trouble with Wiimote synchronization and CfgUSB, but I couldn't find any specifics through searching, so sorry if I'm treading over old ground.

Edit: Didn't think to try games other than the one I was playing. So far it seems like it only affects WarioWare: Smooth Moves (NTSC). Think that'd be a problem with the ISO?

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I found the beta yesterday and battled to load it because of some wireless problem but that is another story .......

At a first glance the 61beta2 is a bit getter in that I only get one disconnect through the process. I'll try to make some more observations and then post into the Cfg USB thread

axyyxa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GuyMonkey said:

Configurable USB Loader runs like a charm for me in pretty much every way, except my second Wiimote disconnects (and won't reconnect) every time I boot up a game. I can get both Wiimotes synced and connected on the channel screen as well as in the CfgUSB GUI, but as soon as the game boots, the lights on the second will go out and no matter what I try, I can't get it to work.

I've tried temporary sync with 1+2, I've tried standard sync, I've tried standard sync after resetting the sync, I've unplugged and waited. I also tried updating to the latest build.

It seems like a few people have had trouble with Wiimote synchronization and CfgUSB, but I couldn't find any specifics through searching, so sorry if I'm treading over old ground.

Edit: Didn't think to try games other than the one I was playing. So far it seems like it only affects WarioWare: Smooth Moves (NTSC). Think that'd be a problem with the ISO?

I'm sorry for bumping, but this is the first time I see someone with the same problem! So the question is.. did you find a solution?

And I have done some more testing. For me, this problem persists even with USB Loader GX and it varies with backups, many PAL-ones work, but not all. Many NTSC don't work and some does. I have not found any pattern here..
frown.gif

Same backups work perfectly fine on my friends softmodded wii!

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
axyyxa said:
GuyMonkey said:

I'm sorry for bumping, but this is the first time I see someone with the same problem! So the question is.. did you find a solution?

And I have done some more testing. For me, this problem persists even with USB Loader GX and it varies with backups, many PAL-ones work, but not all. Many NTSC don't work and some does. I have not found any pattern here..
frown.gif

some games(like donkey kong country returns) make you wait to connect the second wiimote until you're in the multiplayer menu. also if i recall correctly, warioware only uses one wiimote

axyyxa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ty for the reply. Will try DKCR and see if I can connect in multiplayer mode.. although I've been in other games multiplayer mode and it didn't work there

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing which fixed my (not exactly related) problem seemed to be updating the forwarder channel to this one. I do not understand why as I also experienced the problem launching CfgUSB via the HBC (1.08) and not just using the old forwarder channel. I am also now using CfgUSB v64 and 249(56)v20.

axyyxa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kajdan said:
axyyxa said:
GuyMonkey said:

frown.gif

some games(like donkey kong country returns) make you wait to connect the second wiimote until you're in the multiplayer menu. also if i recall correctly, warioware only uses one wiimote

actually worked.. sometimes you (I) feel stupid. After 4 years with 2 Wiis I had no idea that the games themselves limit the number of controllers. I will boot different games and see if my issues were purely game related or if there is no problem at all! I think I have been getting to little sleep!
tongue.gif

EmbraceFiction

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem with the new Donkey Kong Country game.

It only connected one controller, so when I went to play two players, it said to connect
the second controller.

When I clicked "A" on the other controller with that dialogue present, it seemed to work.

Maybe you can try a similar method?

Reactions: mv522

axyyxa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought that I tested so many games that there really was an issue... but I guess there never was! I just loaded a hella lot single player games. So ty all for the replies.. Everything is ok
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/