Hacking RELEASE CertNXtractionPack - Get your Switch cert from a NAND dump!

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
pip install pycryptodome

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you even know how to write Python code ???
I mean that code looks horrible... and btw what are rpk_key_y and key_x_gak ? both variables are undefined...

Thank you!. Now I get this xd

rpk_key = GenerateAesKek(rsa_private_kek_generation_source, key_x_gak, master_key)
NameError: name 'key_x_gak' is not defined

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you!. Now I get this xd
the last error is because the OP uploaded unfinished code, can't help you with that :(

Btw here is a slightly improved version: (still gives the error but it's now a lot more consistent...)

Attachments

• CertNXtractionPack.zip
    732.5 KB · Views: 724

zizoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • "Now, add the required keydata into "00_generate_ssl_kek.py", then run it; this will output the ssl_kek."
Required keydata?

salamandrusker

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Want your cert to access Nintendo's CDN, but you're not on 3.0.0 anymore so you can't run the PegaSwitch script?
Don't worry, I've got you covered!
Included in the pack is everything you need to generate a pfx certificate file from a NAND dump!

Usage:
  • First, make sure Python3 and both the asn1 and pycrypto modules are installed.
  • Next, copy your PRODINFO.bin partition into the folder
  • Now, add the required keydata into "00_generate_ssl_kek.py", then run it; this will output the ssl_kek.
  • Add the generated ssl_kek into "01_decrypt_privk_extract_cert.py", then run it, that will decrypt your private key and extract your cert.
  • Then, run "02_convert_to_der.py", which will convert the extracted files into DER.
  • Lastly, run "03_save_as_pfx.bat" to save it as an installable PFX certificate!
  • Voila! You can now find your generated certificate in the new folder named "Out"!
How 2 get dem keyz???
  • The first key is generated by XORing the AES_KEK (kek_mask 0) with the CryptoUsecase_RsaPrivate seed (kek_seed 1).
  • The second key is the original master key, you can extract it from your keyblobs using hactool.
  • The third and fourth keys are plaintext in the ssl sysmodule NSO.
  • Or alternatively, you can skip this entire step by finding the ssl_kek online, not giving links for obvious reasons... (Trust me, it's out there!)
Massive thanks to @SocraticBliss for helping me out with the python stuff and @SciresM for the RSA calcs required in script 02.

you have a magic power on your hands !!! congrats!! thanks!!

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Want your cert to access Nintendo's CDN, but you're not on 3.0.0 anymore so you can't run the PegaSwitch script?
Don't worry, I've got you covered!
Included in the pack is everything you need to generate a pfx certificate file from a NAND dump!

Usage:
  • First, make sure Python3 and both the asn1 and pycrypto modules are installed.
  • Next, copy your PRODINFO.bin partition into the folder
  • Now, add the required keydata into "00_generate_ssl_kek.py", then run it; this will output the ssl_kek.
  • Add the generated ssl_kek into "01_decrypt_privk_extract_cert.py", then run it, that will decrypt your private key and extract your cert.
  • Then, run "02_convert_to_der.py", which will convert the extracted files into DER.
  • Lastly, run "03_save_as_pfx.bat" to save it as an installable PFX certificate!
  • Voila! You can now find your generated certificate in the new folder named "Out"!
How 2 get dem keyz???
  • The first key is generated by XORing the AES_KEK (kek_mask 0) with the CryptoUsecase_RsaPrivate seed (kek_seed 1).
  • The second key is the original master key, you can extract it from your keyblobs using hactool.
  • The third and fourth keys are plaintext in the ssl sysmodule NSO.
  • Or alternatively, you can skip this entire step by finding the ssl_kek online, not giving links for obvious reasons... (Trust me, it's out there!)
Massive thanks to @SocraticBliss for helping me out with the python stuff and @SciresM for the RSA calcs required in script 02.
But how do I dump the NAND? @SimonMKWii

Last edited by NANASHI89,

ut0pia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cat clcert.pem privkey.pem > nx_tls_client_cert.pem

.bat with cat command, that's why you end up with 0 filesize nx_tls_client_cert.pem

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
print("eticket_ssl_rpk = " + hx(rpk_key).upper())
TypeError: Can't convert 'bytes' object to str implicitly
I fixed the code
Code:
import sys
from binascii import unhexlify as uhx, hexlify as hx
from Crypto.Cipher import AES

def decrypt(inputkey, iv):
    return AES.new(iv, AES.MODE_ECB).decrypt(inputkey)

def unwrap(wrappedkey, iv):
    return decrypt(wrappedkey, iv)

rsa_private_kek_generation_source = uhx('X')
master_key = uhx('X')
ssl_aes_key_x = uhx('X')
ssl_rsa_key_y = uhx('X')

def GenerateAesKek(rsa_private_kek_generation_source, ssl_aes_key_xk, master_key):
    unwrapped_kek = unwrap(rsa_private_kek_generation_source, master_key)
    unwrapped_kekek = unwrap(ssl_aes_key_x, unwrapped_kek)
    return unwrap(ssl_rsa_key_y, unwrapped_kekek)

rpk_key = GenerateAesKek(rsa_private_kek_generation_source, ssl_aes_key_x, master_key)
rpk_key_b = hx(rpk_key).upper()
print("eticket_ssl_rpk = " + "".join(map(chr, rpk_key_b)))

Reactions: ExAqua

SocraticBliss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all. I was able to make the file Der. But when I want to create the "nx_tls_client_cert.pfx" with "03_save_as_pfx.bat" it does not build it and it creates a 0KB file...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ROLF

EDIT: Here, I made it easier for you, if you have a keys.txt file in the same directory (in the hactool format, ie. key = 32 digit hex value), it will automatically use the key, so you don't have to edit the script at all! :)

EDIT: I have added @JupiterJesus 's commit!

EDIT: Refer to latest post

Last edited by SocraticBliss,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...