'Celeste Classic' gets a free sequel, 'Celeste 2: Lani’s Trek'

celeste 2.png

The acclaimed title Celeste originated as a project developed in four days at a game jam for the PICO-8 platform. This version, which came to be known as Celeste Classic, was smaller in scope and aesthetically different given that PICO-8 accommodates a 128 x 128 resolution and a16-color palette. To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of Celeste, the game's original developers made a sequel to Celeste Classic for PICO-8 which was developed in only 3 days.

Titled Celeste 2: Lani’s Trek, it is freely playable on your browser or downloadable for free for from Itch.io (Windows, Mac, Linux, and Raspberry Pi versions).

:arrow: SOURCE
:download: Celeste 2: Lani’s Trek Itch.io Download Link
:download: Celeste 2: Lani’s Trek Browser version

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On that note, if you bought the Humble Voxatron Bundle back when it was available a few years ago, you have a license for PICO-8 along with Voxatron in your Humble Store account. It should be valid, even up to the current update of the application. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the sentiment that I'd love some form of console port. I'm not good at this playing on my dang keyboard. Would appreciate an official update for Celeste 1, but hey, I'd take some form of homebrew port too.

(Doesn't the 3DS have a PICO-8 player?)
Doesn’t pico 8 have controller support?

naed06

Trophies
XP
Country

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's not rare for videogame sequels.

Heck it was awful common during the 8 bit era.
I mean, if it's effective at making the gameplay new and interesting for those who played the first entry... why not do it?
The grapple feels like it has some interesting speedrun tech built into it. Maybe I'll give it a go after I finally beat Farewell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: