Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What would happen IF nintendo releases another system update and you didn't set up DNS and also have CBHC installed?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would happen IF nintendo releases another system update and you didn't set up DNS and also have CBHC installed?

CBHC now patches the system menu version to 99.99.99 to avoid potential updates

when in cbhc/haxchi cfw, patch system menu version to be 99.99.99 to protect from potential updates

Reactions: BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country

From the change log for the latest release.

Changes:
when in cbhc/haxchi cfw, patch system menu version to be 99.99.99 to protect from potential updates

EDIT: Ninja'd ^^

Reactions: Nikolay

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can I boot the wiiu with out the sd card and what happen if I start the do not touch me app? the installation worked fine, but I tested if haxchi works before the installation. thx for your work @FIX94

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can I boot the wiiu with out the sd card and what happen if I start the do not touch me app? the installation worked fine, but I tested if haxchi works before the installation. thx for your work @FIX94
Booting without SD is perfectly fine but i don't know about the Haxchi VC that is used for CBHC.

Reactions: GamingAori

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can boot wiiu without sd card it will still load cfw as CHBC is stored on nand. If you boot the "do not touch me" app it will just boot up CHBC menu and you can choose what autoboots at console start or you can launch the HBL or you can just click system menu to return to system menu with cfw active...

Last edited by Orion,

Crzalx7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More details? When do you get this error what are you doing or trying to do, etc...
I have haxchi on the Wii U or ready when I put the ad card to boot the homebrew I get a black screen -4 is the code on the top

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have haxchi on the Wii U or ready when I put the ad card to boot the homebrew I get a black screen -4 is the code on the top
More details? When do you get this error what are you doing or trying to do, etc...
i get the error when I click on haxchi icon starts loading boom white screen then black screen stays there -4

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep in mind that i of course cant promise that it'll actually block updates since there hasnt been an update in ages which is why its suggested to also set up dns protection.
Is there perhaps a way to disable the system update process instead of possibly tricking it into thinking it's already a newer version?

Setting a higher version seems like a good way for Nintendo to easily detect and ban the system

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there perhaps a way to disable the system update process instead of possibly tricking it into thinking it's already a newer version?

Setting a higher version seems like a good way for Nintendo to easily detect and ban the system
he answered that question plenty of times already , you're just giving him a reason to get mad at you and you won't like him when he's angry lmao , just go back and read.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's acting like the spoofer (replacing version.bin string) then it will not be effective, as we could update without issues the remaining titles. each title has a version, and can be updated independently. that was the same on the Wii.
If he only patched the "system menu" title's version, other system files and titles could be updated?
I don't know enough the WiiU file structure, but seeing wiiubrew and all the system title database, there are a lot of different things which would require to be spoofed to prevent an update on different titles. and still, they could release a new title not present in the console, therefore not patched yet.

Unless he patched the function used to check and return each title's version, instead of patching the actual title version. in that case, it should be safe as long as no game/app rely on that returned value for anything else than update.

Reactions: Ryccardo

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't even read the whole page your post is on?!
All I can see is that it spoofs the version number to hopefully prevent updates..

couldn't Nintendo easily detect a version higher than their latest and ban consoles?

I was wondering if there was any way to outright kill the update process for the system...

Although that would probably prevent game updates as well...

simba115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using 'regular' haxchi for some time I think I'm ready to do the CBHC install. Just one question, I obviously know that the haxchi works so there is no risk there, but I see that we are now on v2.5 but I have the regular haxchi 2.4 installed. Should I update the regular to 2.5 and then do the cbhc 2.5 install or can I go straight to cbhc 2.5 with no issues? Thanks and thanks for this great tool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...