Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does show up, the titles on usb also show up, but it throws an error on bootup. my first thought was that it had to do with the iosu exploit to patch the system menu but even after removing those patches it still behaves that way so... something somewhere does not get initialized, who knows where.
Does yours work the same way as phoenix? with the two sys xml files? does his thing have the same problem?

kajeinarsson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. Found a major issue though. Everything, including signed games, except Homebrew Launcher and system apps will fail to launch, with a 199-9999 error. Even after undoing the region free edit I did, nothing will start. Any ideas on what else could cause that? Booting a fw.img works fine, I had Haxchi installed to the same game as CBHC, and set to autoboot before installing CBHC.

What u mean system fail launch?

kajeinarsson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I did look at coldboothax the last few days and now have the very first version of it ready using a new haxchi payload - CBHC (ColdBoot HaxChi)!
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases

Please ONLY INSTALL THIS if you already have the normal Haxchi installed and know that it works perfectly or else you will 100% end up in a dead wiiu, just install it over your existing installation and DO NOT INSTALL IT from a freshly downloaded, never started/tested game or you may brick.
ALSO IMPORTANT: IF YOU LAUNCH ANYTHING FROM USB RIGHT NOW IT WILL THROW AN ERROR, TO AVOID THAT BOOT USING A FW.IMG ON YOUR SD CARD INSTEAD OF THE BOOT SYSTEM MENU OPTION OR PLUG IN YOUR USB DEVICE AFTER THE SYSTEM MENU BOOTED.

After installing it you better go ahead and set up some DNS server protection, disable standby, NEVER touch the DS VC you used to install it again and just generally be smart about it, I am not responsible for your dead wiiu because of user error.
Anyways, enough of that - what can this actually do?
It offers a basic menu from which you can boot into the system menu which will get full signature and region patching, you can boot into the homebrew launcher and into a fw.img on your sd card, also if you want to automatically go to any of these places just enable the autoboot option for it.
The menu controls are very simplistic, up/down to move the cursor and A to either select the option or change the autoboot option, you can control it using the gamepad or any wiimote, classic controller or wiiu pro controller OR if you are really desperate the the "sync" button on the console itself will work too - click once to move the cursor down and double click to simulate what A does normally.
Once autoboot is set up you can easily cancel it by pressing the home/sync button while the message is shown to get back into the little menu and go from there.

By the way thank you for this and nice work! Now me and my childrens can use DLC games it without pressing (A). No issue found yet.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you be able to upload a video of coldboot hax and show using the menu?
yo i just made a video for yeah cause I am procrastinating hard right now. It's uploading, kind of stupid long but I think skip to 8 minutes or something

I dont know if I am going to stick around so here is the link when it goes live.

Last edited by TheZander,
Reactions: MattKimura

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's taking hella long. I should of reshot it or at least lower the quality. it was 10 minutes and over a gig. YT says 50 minutes left on the upload. First I installed new haxchi then I installed CBHC so at minute 8 its installed and show what the boot menu looks like. I also removed it in the same vid. because it skipped over syshax which I guess I uploaded before but didnt feel like following through with. to not risk and nonsense I uninstalled it. but you still see the menu or what it would look like.

Mrdx

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
From the info posted the autoboot to sysmenu has region free and sig patches
I see, so having Haxchi 2.2 already installed and configured to launch SigPatcher2sysmenu by default what I have to do now is :

- Install Haxchi 2.3 (extract the content of the archive to the root of my SD card and then launching Haxchi.elf from HBL)
- Install CBHC (extract the content of the archive to the root of my SD card)
- Launch CBHC from HBL and configure it to autoboot to system menu
- Remove SigPatcher2sysmenu from my SD card (as it is not need anymore)

Is this correct?

Mrdx

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Thanks for the answer and for the fantastic work, but I will just wait for a fix to launch USB titles without fw.img

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
does this have a fallback, like the one from phoenix?
so when it wont boot, it will use a recovery file?
how the fallback is working?
the system.xml tells which titleID to load at boot (the DS vc game), which IS haxchi homebrew doing the check of the fallback.
If the DS vc is not present, there's no check which can be performed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.