Homebrew cavestory DS

takun32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cavestory has just been released on the wii, and it has brought back many memories of me playing this game on the PC. Whatever happened to Cavestory DS? Now that Nintendo is claiming Cavestory isn't the chance of this coming out going to lessen, but then again I believe Ravenworks got permission from Pixel himself when they sent him a DS with mother 3 and retro game challenge.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Pixel told them to stop working on it when Nintendo started making the Wii version. There's a thread about it around here somewhere.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Know which section it was in?
Nope, I tried to find and link to it when I posted that and failed miserably.
laugh.gif

It doesn't look like Ravenworks (the developer) officially announced the cancellation but it comes up in his replies to comments asking what happened to it. It's mentioned on his Livejournal (first comment on the page), DeviantART frontpage comments (scroll down) and on GoNintendo.

takun32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah its mentioned in his deviantart page in the comment section below.

"It was canceled a year ago! Pixel had to call all the homebrew versions off when he started negotiating with Nintendo. I thought everybody knew by now, sorry."

that sucks. I wish he would have finished it early haha....it sucks to know that cavestory is now forever licensed and barely a freeware game now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1