Gaming Cave Story 3D or SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would personally get Cave Story. I used to play the original on PC. And I'm loving the ability to play it on my Wii and 3DS. If you want to see everything however, you may need to follow a guide VERY closely. Also, seeing the true end of the game is ridiculously hard. Expect epicness. ^_^

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Do you like SRPG or 2D action games.

SMT: Devil Survior has full Voice acting and a 8th day compare to the DS version. However the 8th days depend on the path you take. There are mult ending for this game and new game+.

Cave Story 3D is just cave story but in 3D. if you can get it cheaper for pc get it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cave Story is a very good and fun game. But it's a LOT shorter, and IMO, overall not as fun as SMT: Overclocked. (this is subjective, since they're both completely different).

Your first playthrough of SMT:OC will take you quite a while, and assuming you do an ending with an 8th day (not every ending has one), there's even more to do.
I had it in my 3DS for a month straight, and only stopped playing it for a change of pace, and not because I was anywhere near done with it.
The game is pretty huge, and incredibly fun. There's a ton of branches you can take, different people to help/save/etc.

Even something as simple as collecting every demon so you can read their lore is fun (every demon/angel has a piece of lore so you know where it comes from, and it's pretty awesome).

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Cave Story is like, what, 4 hours long?

Go for Devil Survivor Overclocked until Cave Story 3D is much cheaper or just go for Cave Story+ on Steam if you want something much like the original but with extra content.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can get cave story+ on the humble indie bundle right now, its only 5.40 or something. (and the original should still be free)

would vote for devil survivor too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: like who the fuck cares about NES Golf