Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for the dumb question.
I downloaded latest version of cave database manager, I added v1.0.0 of database, i added conkers bad fur day.
I added the folder to atmopshere/contents.
The folder showed on the n64 switch online on the switch but when selected crashed.
Am i doing something wrong?
Thanks

radrom

Content Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Original words of DarkAkuma

I answered this in discord, but ill post this here for others.

This has been fixed for the next version. The issue is that it was simply too hard to manually track and detect all changes with each version, and my code used to generate my database wasent good enough. I re-wrote that code, and now all additions, removeable and simple changes are all detected and logged.

EDIT:

And here's another manual temporary fix for an issue where the games from v2.4/5.4, and only those, wont boot.

Sorry. Both these issues slipped through due to changes on nintendos end, and went uncaught simply because there were too few to notice and report the issues until now. Id simply post an update, but ive worked on the code to much since, and have gotten lazy with my version control.

They are fixed in the upcoming version of CaVE though.

EDIT2:

The release date has been announced (Oct 25th). And with it, the continued insistence on the terrible, overwhelmingly panned price.

I'll just post this here as a reminder. I DO plan to support N64 Online/SEGA Genesis Online in CaVE Database Manager. I think thats a given to work.

But if the new apps will require a unlock patch, and be easily hackable enough for me to do so... is another story. All I can say is, I plan to look into it and try.

Ah, there it is! I knew he said something about it somewhere but I was having the darndest time trying to retrace my steps as to where I'd seen it. Thank you for the help!

t1232088

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean that when you select the JA/CH Nintendo 64 database option, it ends up with the western one. Another mistake from a last minute menu change. Redownload. It should be fixed now.

Thank you for your work. Now I can choose Japanese or Chinese language, but there are new problems. After selecting Chinese, Japanese is still displayed and the text is super grid

Attachments

• CC.png
    CC.png
    313.6 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your work. Now I can choose Japanese or Chinese language, but there are new problems. After selecting Chinese, Japanese is still displayed and the text is super grid

Sorry. Im looking into it. Testing with other languages, specifically the JA/CH app, has been limited. Im able to reproduce the issue. Ill let you know as soon as its addressed.

EDIT:

Ok. Uploaded a fix, so redownload.

Im not sure what you mean by "super grid", but I do see that the japanese text has an overflow issue. Its not from CaVE or its databases though. Its present in Nintendos. I would maybe fix that, but I dont speak Japanese well enough to know if I would be breaking up words un-naturally to start new lines.

EDIT2:

For everyone else in general, I added 4 new games meta packs to the compatibility list before I got sucked back into working on CaVE.

• Kirby 64
  • Mario Party 2
  • Mario Party 3
  • Pokemon Snap

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Sorry. Im looking into it. Testing with other languages, specifically the JA/CH app, has been limited. Im able to reproduce the issue. Ill let you know as soon as its addressed.

EDIT:

Im not sure what you mean by "super grid", but I do see that the japanese text has an overflow issue. Its not from CaVE or its databases though. Its present in Nintendos. I would maybe fix that, but I dont speak Japanese well enough to know if I would be breaking up words un-naturally to start new lines.

EDIT2:

For everyone else in general, I added 4 new games meta packs to the compatibility list before I got sucked back into working on CaVE.

• Kirby 64
  • Mario Party 2
  • Mario Party 3
  • Pokemon Snap
I just connected back to the site and downloaded the new version and I will try it tomorrow morning but just wanted to say to @DarkAkuma thank you for all your work and effort into this amazing program for everyone here you brought a lot of happiness and a little nostalgia for users like me

Reactions: afeufeufeu

t1232088

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT:

EDIT2:

• Kirby 64
  • Mario Party 2
  • Mario Party 3
  • Pokemon Snap
Thank you very much. Later, I found that the cave display overflowed, and the display on the machine did not overflow. It seems that there is no problem. Thank you again for your selfless dedication

Last edited by t1232088,

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• Kirby 64
  • Mario Party 2
  • Mario Party 3
  • Pokemon Snap
I noticed in snap, im unable to point the camera at anything, the only thing I can do is zoom and take pictures. idk if this is a controller issue or not but the other 3 games works great.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed in snap, im unable to point the camera at anything, the only thing I can do is zoom and take pictures. idk if this is a controller issue or not but the other 3 games works great.

So it wasent just me? I never played the game, so I just though that was the controls... lol.

Ill look into it.

EDIT:

Hmm... Sadly, it seems thats it for now. The stick works in the menus, but no in game. None of the options seems to effect it, so it probably requires a hack.

Ty for ur work on the Sega now it opens but when saving list it closes completely also gonna try again

Ill look into it more.

EDIT:

Sorry... I cant reproduce any crash when saving. It saves fine for me. I tried repeatedly.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head