Hacking CATSFC released

D

Deleted-236924

I'm going to suggest that you implement a new display mode that works just like SNEmulDS's +24 scaling.

Reason?
Playing Super Mario All-Stars without +24 scaling is either:
[*]Unplayable[*]Much less enjoyable

When we put it in fullscreen scaling, it's much less enjoyable due to all the messed up sprites.
When we put it so the camera is in the middle, we don't see holes in the ground. Same for if we put it in the far top.
If we put it so we see the ground, we can't see the HUD.

It would greatly enhance the emulator if you implemented this, it's pretty much one of the only thing that SNEmulDS has that CATSFC doesn't.

Oh, and... I didn't try yet, but when running them on BAGSFC, BS The Legend of Zelda got a black screen upon loading.
I'm going to go and try them right away, but if they don't work, it would be nice if they could be made to work as well.

Also, the emulator seems to have some sort of framerate problems that weren't there in BAGSFC.

azoschke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my dstwo and switched to CATSFC. When I play super mario rpg (starting a new game), it plays the opening video fine until the castle scene. It then slows down to maybe 1 frame every 2-3 seconds or so until you take control of Mario. It is then playable through the first corridor until just before the first door and then it freezes.

Is there some setting I need to mess with or something? Everyone else says it works great on CATSFC and I've seen videos of it running the opening scene just fine on BAGSFC so there must be something wrong with my setup. Thanks for any help; hope the work on this emulator continues.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt this will help at all, given that most of the people who have the answers are AWOL, but I've gone ahead and posted a call for help at http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7333

At the very least, it'll bump this thread, right?
wink.gif

I love SMRPG too much to let this die entirely.

ShadauxCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bioware.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, don't worry, I'm still working on it! Got interrupted by spring break, but I've actually made a breakthrough on the speedhacks, so they should be out before TOO terribly much longer.

(I'm VERY bad at communication - socialization is a weak point for me. I talk to computers better than I talk to people, and that's not a joke.
tongue.gif
)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadauxCat said:
(I'm VERY bad at communication - socialization is a weak point for me. I talk to computers better than I talk to people, and that's not a joke.
tongue.gif
)

Haha, the curse of the CS major strikes again. Don't worry about it man, I completely understand.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadauxCat said:
Ah, don't worry, I'm still working on it! Got interrupted by spring break, but I've actually made a breakthrough on the speedhacks, so they should be out before TOO terribly much longer.

tongue.gif
)

Glad to hear you're still ploughing through with CATSFC, working in fixes and stuff. Can't wait for stability and speed to improve.
biggrin.gif

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been an R4 clone user for the longest. Been looking for a worthwile SNES emulator for the DS. Definately worth a shot. Thanks. Looking forward to the speedhacks. Any chance Starfox will run well?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terminator02 said:
this is only for the DS2, it won't run on any R4 or clone, or any other cart that isn't the DSTwo

you can however, use SNEmulDS
You just misread his post. He said has a DStwo, but he mentioned that he has been using an R4 clone for very long before switching.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does StarFox work on the current version? If so, then I don't think it'll work any better with speedhack support, at least not with any speedhacks I managed to find. They did nothing on the PSP anyway, though it's entirely possible that I missed a hack or two.

Having an automated way to detect and skip loops in real-time would of course be the best solution, rather than the whole "static database of manually-found hacks" thing.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Does StarFox work on the current version? If so, then I don't think it'll work any better with speedhack support, at least not with any speedhacks I managed to find. They did nothing on the PSP anyway, though it's entirely possible that I missed a hack or two.
It runs, just slowly. I'm not expecting miracles, it would be pretty cool if it worked better with the speedhacks though.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
2 things:
1) How about Starfox 2?
2) I just finished my Mother 1 playthrough, gonna re-play EarthBound. How's it run on CATSFC?
1. Don't count on it.
2. Works fine on either CATSFC or BAGSFC

Keep up the good work ShadauxCat! Here's a motivational cookie for you
moogle.gif

cookie.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ShadauxCat said:
tongue.gif
)

x2 hehe.

-

Well, look for functions filling vram buffer. Since you said copy-pasting stuff didn´t work, perhaps there´s plenty of C inst undeclared in main.c(libraries) or they use unknown resources, like instructions reading /writing to non existant 0xffffff addresses.

edit: sadly, I´m so involved in my thesis, which consists of php dev, rather than C... but there´s still java

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica