Gaming Castlevania Question (What Are the Stats for/what do they do?)

GCM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As you may now there 7 stats

ATK
DEF
STR
CON
INT
MND
LCK

ATK DEF and LCK are self-explanatory, Attack, Defense, and Luck respectively. I assume Luck inrcreases the chance of a... glyph apperaring?

if ATK is attack, and STR stands for strength, what is the difference between the two?

What are CON, INT and MND? I know MND stands for mind becuase a glyph I got said "increases mind" or something. But what in god's name is it for?

Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Int is intellect/intelligence and it assist with magic in most RPGs so I'd assume so here. Constitution should be CON and I think that should affect (well it does in some Western RPGs) how much HP you get on a level up. I don't think that if I'm right plays much a difference anyway as most HP boosts come from those pickup vials. And yes MND is mind, again a stat relating to magic.

The one thing I have not bothered to analyze in this game is the fact which does what... MND and INT would determine the level your MP ranks up per level up, the other would be the total potency of spells.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Usually, it works like this:

ATK, Attack: Determines how much base damage you deal to an enemy, both magical and physical

DEF, Defense: Determines how much physical damage you can resist from an enemy

STR, Strength: Improves physical attack power

CON, Constitution: Determines how many HP you have (not the exact point mind you, it's like 1 CON for a few HP)

INT, Intelligence: Improves your magical attack power

MND, Mind: reduces damage from magical attacks

LCK, Luck: the higher this stat is, the more likely you'll find glyphs and rare drops

GCM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Raestloz, that covers everything I wanted to know.

=D

d(^.^d)

And acks, you're silly or something.

acks45

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raestloz said:

ATK, Attack: Determines how much base damage you deal to an enemy, both magical and physical

CON, Constitution: Determines how many HP you have (not the exact point mind you, it's like 1 CON for a few HP)

LCK, Luck: the higher this stat is, the more likely you'll find glyphs and rare drops

as a side nopte these stats effect other stats too... for example constitution also adds to your defense and str to your weapon attacks... etc.. etc..

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MND affects magic defense, I'm sure of that. I'm not sure what stat (if any in this game) affects the rate at which MP recharges. It might be determined by your level, or maybe it's a constant percentage/time.

kjean

Trophies
Website
homeless
XP
Country
Raestloz said:

Both? Really?

GCM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cresh07 said:
Yeah, ATK, is for both, but the ATK is based only on the glyph set you have equipped, The game then uses a formula using either you INT, or STR along with your ATK to calculate damage..... Or so i've been told

Ohh I get it. So your ATK is the base stat that's used when attacking. Then if you're using a Magical Glyph (Nitesco, Morbus), a formula is used with the ATK and INT, but if you're using a Physical Glyph (Secare, Falcis) then a formula is used with ATK and STR.

That makes sense.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay, so since somebody actually bumped this topic I'll sum everything up

ATK attack: determines your base attack power, both physial and magical

STR strength: augments your physical attack power

DEF defense: determines yout base defense both physical and magical

CON constitution: augments your physical defense

INT intelligence: augemnts your magical attack power

MND mind: augments your magical defense

LCK luck: determines your chance to obtain glyphs and item drops

How things works:

ATK works alongside STR and INT, ATK is the base point while STR will kick in while physical glyphs (Confodere, Secare, Macir, Arcus, and such) is used, further improving damage dealt. However, when magical glyphs (such as Fulgur, Globus, Ignis)are used, STR won't do anything, INT will take over and improve the glyphs' power.

DEF works alongside CON and MND, DEF determines the base point, and CON will improve DEF against physical attacks while MND will help DEF when magical attacks are ravaging

CON doesn't determine how many HP you have (this game called Blades and Magic have CON to determine your HP, so yea)

LCK works only by itself, except if you put those rarity variable to game, which is not a stat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: I forgot I was in this group :skull: