[WIP] FE Fates Rebalancing Patch

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Fishmalk, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Fishmalk
    OP

Fishmalk Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    United States
    I am working on a hack to rebalance FE Fates a bit, with my main goals being to tone down the most powerful units and bump up the weaker units so that the gap between them is much smaller than it is in the base game, as well as a few other changes to weapons and items that were too strong.weak for their cost.

I will be focusing first on Conquest primarily, with Birthright and Revelation coming after.

I also have a version just for funsies which reduces all class-bases pair up stat bonuses to 0. I'm not sure if it actually makes the game any better, but as someone that is very much not a fan of pair up in general I think it's worth experimenting with.

Incorporated Mods
    This patch includes the following hacks by Unassuming Venasaur:

Installation:
    Installing this requires the usual extract rom, replace files, repack rom (see spoiler). The layered romfs method may work for Luma, but I have not tried it myself so I cannot say for certain.

Installation Instructions

My current list of changes, which I believe are all working correctly, is as follows:

1.1 Changes

Ideas and suggestions are welcome, of course, though please keep in mind my ability to implement anything beyond the scope of FEF Editor and Nightmare is minimal at best.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Fishmalk, Apr 14, 2018
    TomboyGamerXL and TheTrueDream42 like this.
  2. Fates-Blade-900

Fates-Blade-900 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2018
    United States
    If it makes Nyx better, lol.