Hacking castlevania Portrait of Ruin

misery213

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I play this on my Acekard it freezes at the same point. I tryed to DL anther , same thing, any hints or tips?

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
misery213 said:
Every time I play this on my Acekard it freezes at the same point. I tryed to DL anther , same thing, any hints or tips?

This has been brought up time and time again. You would have gotten your answer by doing a simple search.

Get a FASTER microSD card.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This and The World Ends With You intro freeze are the two most talked about problems of all time. I bet a thread is started more than once a month asking just these questions alone.

Personally, I would just buy Castlevania POR as its worth owning. Its probably no more than $10 if you shop around. Cheaper than finding that perfect SD card that works for it. Good luck.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Try and get a microSD card with low random access times (1.2ms is your upper playable limit, with no lockups and minor slowdowns, under 1.0ms should eliminate any slowdown, lower is better) and at least 4MB/s read and write speeds.

- Format your microSD card with the Panasonic SDformatter.

- Use the latest version of the AKAIO firmware and loader. It has DMA mode (which the official firmware doesn't have). DMA speeds up the game enough for some cards that are borderline to make them virtually slowdown-free.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use a Class 6, 8GB Sandisk and Castlevania is freezing for me.
And yes, it's Panasonic formatted with latest AKAIO software.

I think maybe the AK2i is just not that capable of a flashcart. The same memory card in my old CycloDS wouldn't give me a problem like this.

But then again, Portrait of Ruin was sloppily coded anyway, the freezes are related to loading music, and the game has numerous glitches both good and bad.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
I use a Class 6, 8GB Sandisk and Castlevania is freezing for me.
And yes, it's Panasonic formatted with latest AKAIO software.

I think maybe the AK2i is just not that capable of a flashcart. The same memory card in my old CycloDS wouldn't give me a problem like this.

But then again, Portrait of Ruin was sloppily coded anyway, the freezes are related to loading music, and the game has numerous glitches both good and bad.
I'm using the same Micro SD, no freezing/lag. Infact, where everyone seems to have lag problems I don't. Then again, AKAIO crashes when I open a folder sometimes
blink.gif

shattering

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm using the same Micro SD, no freezing/lag. Infact, where everyone seems to have lag problems I don't. Then again, AKAIO crashes when I open a folder sometimes
blink.gif

[/quote]

AKAIO crashes for me too when I open a folder. But after forcing it to load the root directory on every start up the problem seems to have gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1