imqchummy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everybody!
Ok well I know that the Castlevania games have been problematic with many flashcards.
I'm using akaio 1.4 and Dawn of Sorrow keeps freezing halfway through the game.
I tried holding A and holding X and nothing changed. I tried the panasonic sd formatter without luck.
I also got a new rom to try and again it doens't work.
That was in a 4 gig kingston japan.

I even tried a transcend 8 gig class6 with akaio and added the official loader 4.15 and again it doesn't work.

How do you guys play this game? What do you recommend?

Does it make difference Acekard 2 vs Acekard 2.1 ???

Thank you very much for your help!

Ronik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As you said, it's problematic with many flashcards. The problem, however, is apparently because of the speed of the SD card you use. Usually it only freezes at certain times/places. Specifically, warping and going into the menu are the main problems. I find it's worse if you used a spell in the last second. Mostly I just play as cautiously as I can, saving as much as I can. There is a patch out there for the game, but it removes at least a few sounds from the game. Norm has looked at the problem some, but as it appears to be an SD card speed issue, there may be nothing he can do. He has put a few tweaks into AKAIO in hopes of helping it, but if it's still crashing... well there may not be anything he can do.

imqchummy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't believe that everybody has problem with this rom.
Some people probably found a way to run this game.
What do you guys do?

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand: I passed all the game without a single problem using a R4 clone and a class 2 micro SDHC card... I didn't test it with my Acekard though. However, I had a similar problem with Castlevania Portrait of Ruins, but it was ok using a class 6 micro SDHC card.

Ronik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whoops, one specific thing... I only somehow just now noticed that you meant Dawn of Sorrow rather than Portrait of Ruin >.< That makes the patch and a lot of what I said not very helpful... I don't think I ever really had a problem with Dawn of Sorrow. Was it just freezing randomly for you, or doing it at a certain spot?

imqchummy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It never froze until now and i'm about halfway through the game. It freezes after I get the key of the Condemned Tour in the room where there are all kinds of bats and water falls. There is also some kind of wooden wheel that turns and drags you on spikes or something like that. When I attack a bat, the game freeze and Soma just keep stabbing even if I don't press any button.
What version of Akaio were you using when you played this game?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
please come to the #acekard irc channel (linked in my sig). ask norm if you can beta the new firmware build. the dma-quicksave mode fixes many issues now and is the default mode. idle if no one responds, he might not be at the keys for many hours.

we need more beta testers and you seem to have a perfect situation.

-another world

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it me, or is this situation perfectly normal? I passed the game, and I think this was happening everytime the bat touched me. The movement I was doing (attacking, most of the time) was repeated automatically for a while, and after about 10 seconds it was OK. Try to kill the bat before it comes too close.

Does someone have the legit game, so he can confirm?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg