gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caylee_anthony.jpg
After six, weeks of testimony, dozens of witnesses and one full day of deliberation, 12 jurors found Casey Anthony not guilty of murdering her two-year-old daughter.

The jury found Anthony not guilty of the lesser charges of second degree murder and felony third degree murder. According to Judge Belvin Perry, Jr.'s instructions, if the jury were to have found that Caylee's death was caused by Casey Anthony, then they were to consider the circumstances surrounding the death. When it was all over, the jury found Casey guilty of four counts of providing false information to investigators.

Since May 24, Casey Anthony, 25, has been on trial for the murder of her daughter, Caylee, who was almost three at the time of her death. Caylee was last seen alive in June 2008; nearly a month later, Casey's mother, Cindy, called 911 to report the child missing. A six month search finally turned up Caylee's decomposed body with duct tape on her skull.

Prosecutors have alleged that Casey searched the Internet for instructions on how to make home made chloroform, used the chemical to subdue the child, then killed her by putting duct tape over her mouth and nose. Casey's lawyer, Jose Baez, offered a different theory in his opening arguments: Caylee accidentally drowned in a pool and Casey's father, George, disposed of the body. Weeks of testimony from forensic scientists led to closing arguments over the weekend.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Shocking. Simply shocking. Her little girl is dead and she just continued to lie about it. At least she got a guilty verdict for lying to police which then makes its hard to believe that she had nothing to do with her daughters disappearance and murder. Regardless the trial is over and this is the justice that the jury had decided to deliver for little Caylee.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it's true what they say: "smart people get out of jury duty." that would explain so many verdicts of the past.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Wombo Combo said:
If I ever get into any legal trouble I'm going to hire her lawyer and O. J. Simpson's lawyer they get shit done.

That'll be pretty hard for the latter consider he's dead.

Well at least Casey's lawyer, how did he die what was his name?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wombo Combo said:
Well at least Casey's lawyer, how did he die what was his name?

Simpson's Lawyer was Johnny Cochran and he died about two years ago from natural causes.

For Anthony's lawyer, I don't know. But hey, it just shows that enough lawyer-ing and you'll get off from most anything.

Lushay

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clearly. It shows as long as you keep making up different stories no matter how much they don't make sense, you will be not guilty. Next time I murder someone, i'm going to say that I was influenced by unicorns from narnia. and that they did it.
And don't forget to change your story every once in a while. Keep the jury on their toes

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I find funny is, if she was found guilty than the system works, but since she was found not guilty the system is broken.
People just don't want to admit when they're wrong

The case was weak, the only thing the prosecutor had going for them was the public and media.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I clearly remember my father once telling me that there is a Law in the US that states in some way "If a person lies under oath in a court case in any way shape or form, during their testimony, and it is found out, the court and/or jury can disreguard any and/or every last little bit of their testimony in whole", effectively treating it as if it didn't exist.

So why they didn't completely disreguard her testimony after the first two lies is beyond me.

Just confirms for me how unjust and corrupted this world is. The innocent suffer and die, while the guilty get off scott free and continue their evil deeds.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow not guilty in a case based around circumstantial evidence with questionable forensics. People that are surprised need to stop watching Nancy Grace.

gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus said:
I clearly remember my father once telling me that there is a Law in the US that states in some way "If a person lies under oath in a court case in any way shape or form, during their testimony, and it is found out, the court and/or jury can disreguard any and/or every last little bit of their testimony in whole", effectively treating it as if it didn't exist.

So why they didn't completely disreguard her testimony after the first two lies is beyond me.

Just confirms for me how unjust and corrupted this world is. The innocent suffer and die, while the guilty get off scott free and continue their evil deeds.
She never testified in court. She lied to police officers when they were looking for her daughter. She took them to all these random places and once they were there she would admit there was no reason for them to be there and she took them to universal where she used to work and then admitted she didn't work there anymore.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Midna said:
Ladies and gentlemen... The American legal system.

Yep, even as an american (Lol my entire Mom's side is from Great Britain and Europe in general, and I picked up most of her side, aside from the accent)

I will admit....

8629574.jpg

Our legal system blows......alot...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol