I am the official skribbler
OP
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I was playing MK& a few minutes ago, and then my thumbs and wrists started to feel numb. I usually tend to squeeze my N3DSXL in my palms under my thumbs, I think I pinched the nerves or something? Am I going to get carpel tunnel syndrome if I keep this up? I have kinda smaller hands, so should I get a N3DS or an ergonomic grip for the console (I refuse to play less)?

P34ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Many people get this with handhelds including myself. An ergonomic grip does definitely help, although with 3ds I think it’s the extra weight. This is why some people prefer 2ds over 3ds, they feel much lighter and take a lot longer to cause the tingling numbness. If possible i’d say try to get a 2ds for games you don’t use 3d with, or play for long periods.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I always get this with handhelds, especially my ring and little fingers tend to go numb. I don't even squeeze them, I always hold them gently. A grip is basically a must for me nowadays, it almost fully solves the problem. For my (small) n3DS I got the Cyber Gadget one as it was highly rated. But it's a bit of a hassle to put on as it tends to catch on the seams in the plastic. And I had to import it from a Japan seller on Amazon as there didn't seem to be any China or US based sellers so shipping was a bit expensive. There might be other options that are better.

ZipMartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This usually happens to me if I try to play lying on my back. It also happens when I'm using a cellphone the same way, but usually only to the hand that actually holds the phone. I feel numbness on my pinky and the outer half of the one next to it and I have to pause and stretch my arm to relieve them.

Try to identify the cause of numbness in order to avoid it because it may become serious. That and some stretching and exercises may help before you need medical treatment and actual physical therapy, but it's good to get informed about how to correctly do them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk