car bullshit

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i took my car in for an inspection. i figured it was going to fail, i knew something was wrong with the tires. so it fails, and i ask "how long do i have to repair this stuff?" the fuckers basically held me hostage there, they took my fucking inspection sticker!

so he comes up with a price of about $500, with a new credit line i get 10 percent off so thats what i did. inspection passed fucking $450 dollars later.

so i go into work late, luckily it wasnt busy so the missed time didnt matter. so the day goes by ok, then i get in my car start to drive home and bang check engine soon comes on.

did these mechanics set me up? im ready to go in and threaten them, i reset the computer hoping it was glitch i also checked my gas cap, sometimes a loose cap can cause check engine to come on. if this light comes back on when i go past their store tomorrow i don't know if i can drive past without stopping and saying something. they were only supposed to fix the inner and outer tie rods and add two new tires

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What year of car and make? If its new enough to have OBD swing by a local Autozone and ask them what the code is, usually they can give you some information like the code says "Problem detected with the O2 sensor" or "EGR Valve fault" something like that.

It sounds like they might have cracked a vacuum line while they where doing the inspection or the mechanics did that while working on your tie rods, start checking all the little black hoses under your hood if any of those are disconnected or cracked fix them or plug them back in.

I can probably think of a hundred more things right after I hit "Add Reply" lol

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man. Cars and inspectors and mechanics piss me off. My father went in to get his car inspected and they failed it because of the crack in the windshield that they passed last year and it was the SAME exact crack. It didn't expand or anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: It tastes like pineapple.