Gaming Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Anyone pre-ordering it here?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm starting to get worried now that you put it that way. Mario Kart 8 didn't even have an on-screen map (except for the Wii U GamePad) before an update. Seems Nintendo is getting a little lazy and not giving its games that 100% polish. Prior Mario Kart games that I've played always had an on-screen map, e.g. Double Dash!!.

They were probably hoping that people would be satisfied with the GamePad but since fans complained they updated it, thankfully!

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker could work perfectly with the Wii U Pro Controller if they were to make it compatible and when to blow on the GamePad the solution for the WUPC would be pressing the L + R or a similar combination.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker could work perfectly with the Wii U Pro Controller if they were to make it compatible and when to blow on the GamePad the solution for the WUPC would be pressing the L + R or a similar combination.
You know, it does sound like the Wii U Pro Controller is a missed opportunity on more than one level: it should've had a microphone, gyroscope, and analog ZL/ZR triggers. But I agree, Nintendo should support all of its products equally and not rule out a single controller because of a gimmick (yes, blowing into a microphone is a gimmick).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You have to blow a toad?

Yes. Nintendo should've packaged the game with their Love Tester updated to support amiibo, so you can check your love score with different amiibo. And Toad itself would've made a debut as exclusive amiibo just for this game. Because y'know, blowing a Toad alone isn't enough. There needs to be a score.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Played last night a couple more levels and they're really good, my favourite so far is the cart stage that you look at the GamePad and it gives you a virtual 3D theme park experience, and the other being the Shy Guy passing through them without being noticed.

I had to redo the Shy Guy level a few times because the camera kept moving itself. :-/

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I had to redo the Shy Guy level a few times because the camera kept moving itself. :-/
The camera must really, really hate you. :(

As of this morning I have 100% completed this game. Awesome little game with content that lasted longer than I thought. My only problem was that it felt all too repetitive in the end. Some levels try to bring up a new unique thing to the table, but everything else feels like filler and the boss stages were practically copypasta of the same formula. :(

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Mild shock/anger when the game appeared to be over after just 18 levels!!!

The question is ... how many episodes are there?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Mild shock/anger when the game appeared to be over after just 18 levels!!!

The question is ... how many episodes are there?

Book 1: 18 Levels
Book 2: 18 Levels
Book 3: 28 Levels
Bonus Book:
- 4 Super Mario 3D World Levels
- 4 Toad Brigade Levels
- 3 Mummy Levels
- 3 Prologue Levels
- 1 Maze Level
- 3 Coin Galore Levels

= Total of 82 levels

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
82 levels bah i'll be done with this in a few days easily... also what fw does it have on it?

Besides the 82 levels (thought it was 88 'cause of the '70+ levels+ and '18 bonus levels' :P) there's still the bonus objectives which sometimes you might end up doing on your first run.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Besides the 82 levels (thought it was 88 'cause of the '70+ levels+ and '18 bonus levels' :P) there's still the bonus objectives which sometimes you might end up doing on your first run.

Pro tip: collect as many coins as you can, collect everything possible (e.g. Gold Mushroom), never get seen by Shy Guys, defeat all enemies if possible... Umm, what else? Well, if you play like that, you'll have completed every challenge objective in the game. I played through the entirety of Captain Toad in two days and it was very fun, but sadly it's a glorified minigame and not much else. Replay value is very slim IMO. At least with SM3DW there was this whole "complete every level in the game with each of the 5 characters to unlock stupid Miiverse stamps", which had the replay value skyrocket up. Nothing like that in Captain Toad. :(

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm half way Episode 2 and it's starting to feel repetitive like they're just recycling from Episode 1 now, like for example, look at this:

zlCfzS1tb2U08pvIYj

It's the same dragon from Episode 1.

Meh, maybe it'll get better.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah I know but sometimes I'm "maybe it'll get better".

At least you get a bit more of a challenge in the later levels... The third book is even more recycled content, but difficulty doesn't ramp up as much. It's a nice puzzle game, something Nintendo made by the request of its fans. As much as I liked the game, I just had this feeling they could've done so much more.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
At least you get a bit more of a challenge in the later levels... The third book is even more recycled content, but difficulty doesn't ramp up as much. It's a nice puzzle game, something Nintendo made by the request of its fans. As much as I liked the game, I just had this feeling they could've done so much more.

Back then on the Miiverse community of Mario 3D World I kept reading how people wanted a game of Captain Toad but I thought Nintendo would've disregarded because you know, it's the Miiverse and it's not like they actually go there to read what users write.

Welp, I guess I was wrong so I should start making Miiverse posts requesting a proper Kirby game, a Metroid and an F-Zero for the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY