Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Anyone pre-ordering it here?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jun 22, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]
    If you've played Captain Toad in Mario 3D World then you know exactly what this game is about, and damn, charging full retail price for this is quite a rip-off but if there's any Captain Toad fans they'll be buying it regardless. This game for £25 ($40) might've been worth but we know Nintendo exclusives always hold their value because... Because! lol

I'm certainly getting Bayonetta 2 day-one and purchasing Smash 4 a few days after it's out (to get it at a slightly cheaper price) but this thing? As much as I liked the Captain Toad levels in SM3DW I won't get it unless it gets slashed for half price or so.

2. tecra_a8

tecra_a8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2009
    Indonesia
    anyone actually hyped for this game?

gamefan5, T Link7 and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Who would be insane enough to even pre order I wonder...

4. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    sorry, a little off topic here, but I always wondered, what do people mean, when they say, they want to get the game a few days later for a little less money... do you man, you will buy a used game or what?
    because here in germany, games usually stay the same price for MONTHS after release o.O - that is if you buy a new, unused one in a store...

5. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Hey ma/pa pleez bay mii dis for mah burthday!

I use Zavvi/TheHut and they tend to drop the prices from £39 to £34 plus with the 10% discounts they send the cost goes down to £31 or less, so that's a really good price for the game.

In Mario Kart 8's case, I paid £31 for it but then sold the code for £15 and in total I overall spent £16 on Mario Kart 8.

6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I'm proper hyped for it, it reminds me off bits out off Mario Galaxy games but also the bits out of Mario 3D World with Toad and I loved those!. Looks really cool and yes will be buying it when it comes out but not quite hyped enough to Pre-order it I'm afraid, just gonna wait when its released and grab a cheaper copy of Ebay.co.uk.

7. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    Wigan, UK
    Really enjoyed the Captain Toad levels on 3D World but can see the idea getting old pretty quickly - either it has to be a cut price release or they'd better come up with some fresh ideas throughout the game... Whatever the case I won't be pre-ordering (what is the big deal about pre-orders these days anyway?!) - that only happens for a AAA, once a year game for me, and this isn't one of those! :lol:

Reecey likes this.
  8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    My only beef is that ear-bleeding music, I mean, couldn't they make it less...I dunno, annoying..?

9. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    amazon.de: Mario Kart 8 preordered 59,99 €, one day after release 54,99 €, today 44,99€

I didn't preorder Mario Kart. Instead I went in a shop two day before the release and got it for 54.99 €.

10. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Me too, I'm hoping the game goes deeper than just the Mario 3D World toad cut bits, cause we only know the screen shots released on the net but by the looks of things the boss bit looks way different than the rest so we might have platform Galaxy elements thrown in, who knows the screen shots at the moment is just not enough until we all know more about it! I hope.

11. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    No thanks. I won't even buy it. Unless it's for £2.99 on ebay or amazon.

the_randomizer likes this.
  12. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    No Toadette is a fucking deal breaker.

Not because of "equal gender representation" bullshit but because IT'S FUCKING TOADETTE.

YAHOOO.

13. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Didn't really enjoy the short Toad levels on 3d World, so I guess that counts me out.

14. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    ... Meh, not interested.

the_randomizer likes this.
  15. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I liked the 3D world levels a lot, so I want to play this... but if it really is a full priced retail game I will wait until zavvi has a good deal on it. Unless they manage to shove in a lot of fun stuff in the game making it worth the moniez. :D

16. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    I for one am "hyped". The first time I played one of those levels in the new 3D Mario, I said out loud to my friend,"this needs it's own game!!!"

Well, about a year later and here it is, exciting!

17. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    Might pick it up one day, if it's on sale

18. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

The one thing I wanted Nintendo to expand on in a Mario game was the 2D segments from SMG2 but nope. It basically was NSMB but with gameplay that's about a thousand times more fun. The fluidity and variety made it some of the most fun 2D platformer in some time, outside of maybe Rayman Origins.

19. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Heh, I didn't think you were one to actually care what Nintendo did to their franchises and IPs, much less show interest in said franchises.

T Link7 likes this.
  20. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

I don't hate Nintendo, I just find they're thought of too highly. SMG and SMG2 are really good though.

T Link7 and the_randomizer like this.