Captain Toad coming to 3DS & Switch (Demo out now)

Grab your backpack and headtorch, and prepare to set off on a charming puzzle-platforming adventure in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, coming to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems on 13th July. The game includes levels based on four of the Kingdoms from Super Mario Odyssey, with the newly released Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Overview Trailer offering a sneak peek at them. Players who can’t wait to meet the sometimes nervous but always courageous Captain Toad can now download a free demo version of the game – available for both Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS.

As a platforming game, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a little different from the rest. For starters, the Captain’s heavy backpack means jumping is not possible – so in order to guide him past the various enemies, traps and obstacles that stand between him and the precious Power Star in each course, players will need to take a different approach. Rather than rushing in head-first, it’s important to put some thought into plotting Captain Toad’s route, and even more important to use the adjustable camera to carefully observe the surroundings from all angles. Each level is a compact and lovingly-crafted diorama in its own right, designed using the same “miniature garden” concept – called“hakoniwa” in Japanese – that inspired much of the level design in Super Mario Odyssey. This means that lots of charming details, along with plenty of surprises and hidden collectibles, are packed in to what at first glance might seem likequite a small space.

With more than 70 levels to conquer, there’s plenty to keep even the most intrepid explorer occupied for a long while. As seen in the Overview Trailer, four of these are bonus levels based on Kingdoms featured in Super Mario Odyssey: Metro Kingdom, Sand Kingdom, Cascade Kingdom and Luncheon Kingdom. These bonus levels can be unlocked through regular gameplay, but they can be accessed straight away by scanning one of theSuper Mario Odyssey amiibo figures: Mario (Wedding Outfit), Peach (Wedding Outfit) and Bowser (Wedding Outfit). Scanning the Toad amiibo figure will cause a powerful Invincibility Mushroom appear, while scanning any other amiibo will provide the useful bonus of a 1-Up or two.

The Nintendo Switch version of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is available now for digital pre-load via Nintendo eShop, priced at €39.99 /£34.99. By purchasing the game now and pre-loading it to their Nintendo Switch consoles, keen players can be among the first to access the game when it is released at 00:00 local time on 13th July. It’s also worth remembering that digital purchases earn Gold Points worth 5% of the total amount paid, which can be spent on future purchases of Nintendo Switch games and downloadable content in Nintendo eShop.

Join Captain Toad on a pleasantly puzzling adventure in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker,coming to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems on 13th July 2018. You’ll even get the chance to revisit some favourite Kingdoms from Super Mario Odyssey! A free demo version of the game is available now on Nintendo eShop.

:arrow: Captain Toad Official Site

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Huh? Didn't knew it gets a NX release as well, somehow I thought it was only a port to 3DS :unsure:
Well, maybe that means there will be a Yoshi Wolly World port for NX as well (lets be honest the graphic style is a major part of the game and it just dosn't works as well on 3DS).

Edit: I'm the only one who hates it when Nintendo ports a game and adds level, but dosn't releases them as patch or at very least as paid DLC for the original version even if doing so should be no problem? Seriously. I doub the levels contain any kind of platform specific code :angry:
Yet I have to admit the original already feeled a tiny bit to long. It overstayed its welcome, just abit.

Last edited by VitaType,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just to be sure...this IS a port of the wiiu version, right? :unsure:

I absolutely loved captain Toad for the wiiu, but that has as consequence that I'm not exactly rushing out to buy a switch if it's 95% the same game.

Huh? Didn't knew it gets a NX release as well, somehow I thought it was only a port to 3DS :unsure:
Heh...I had exactly the opposite. I've seen it announced at nintendo's E3 presentation, but I thought it was only for the switch. :P

Daniel72

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
So is the switch and the 3ds version the exact same thing, except the 3ds version has lower resolution and has 2 screens?

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Another port that’s great I’m going to wait for this game to be realeased in ps3 , Ps4 and Xbox . And then going to buy one copy of each

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved the game on the WiiU, but a few extra Odyssey themed levels probably isn't enough to convince me to pick it up again.
If you haven't played this game before, I definitely recommend giving it a try.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just to be sure...this IS a port of the wiiu version, right? :unsure:

I absolutely loved captain Toad for the wiiu, but that has as consequence that I'm not exactly rushing out to buy a switch if it's 95% the same game.

Heh...I had exactly the opposite. I've seen it announced at nintendo's E3 presentation, but I thought it was only for the switch. :P
yup its a port but with added levels from odissey, not sure how manny they added tbh.

So is the switch and the 3ds version the exact same thing, except the 3ds version has lower resolution and has 2 screens?
yup basically the same exact game except it will look abit worse on 3ds.

Reactions: Taleweaver

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Captain Toad for Smash! Though, the lack of jumping is an issue. :P I guess Captain Toad will have to get a jet pack!

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Captain Toad for Smash! Though, the lack of jumping is an issue. :P I guess Captain Toad will have to get a jet pack!
Or just get rid of his backpack. The trailer linked above clearly says he can't jump because of this backpack (and why he isn't able to drop it for a while is established with the story: That damn bird, but guess when he goes to smash some friends he could drop his backpack at home first)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Or just get rid of his backpack. The trailer linked above clearly says he can't jump because of this backpack (and why he isn't able to drop it for a while is established with the story: That damn bird, but guess when he goes to smash some friends he could drop his backpack at home first)
olimar never jumped on his games either and he jumps in smash.

Reactions: damiano2712

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, maybe that means there will be a Yoshi Wolly World port for NX as well (lets be honest the graphic style is a major part of the game and it just dosn't works as well on 3DS).

Edit: I'm the only one who hates it when Nintendo ports a game and adds level, but dosn't releases them as patch or at very least as paid DLC for the original version even if doing so should be no problem? Seriously. I doub the levels contain any kind of platform specific code :angry:
Yet I have to admit the original already feeled a tiny bit to long. It overstayed its welcome, just abit.
I just hate the 3DS's blurry textures on Wooly World. It's so bad it distracts from the gameplay for me.

Reactions: VitaType

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if the release of high profile 3DS games will continue into next year. Nintendo has stated they will continue to support the 3DS alongside the Switch. We'll see how much longer though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1