Capcom survey asks fans if they'd like to see Deluxe Remasters of other franchises

Screenshot from 2024-09-23 09-13-48.png

Capcom started a new survey on September 19th related to their new release of Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster (DRDR), with the survey focusing on interest, reach and other topics related to the release of the game.

However, one notorious aspect of this specific survey was that, while the vast majority of the survey focused on DRDR as a whole, two questions from it asks the fans directly whether they would like to see games from Capcom's other franchises receive a similar treatment from that of Dead Rising, with the question specifically mentioning "Deluxe Remaster" in it.

The first question asks the following:
'Would you like to see more "deluxe remaster" titles like this in the future? ("Deluxe remasters" are defined as remasters with improved playability and updated graphics (including new 3D models).)'

Screenshot from 2024-09-23 09-59-36.png

The 2nd question goes more into detail about this, asking the following:
'Are there particular series that you would like to see receive the "deluxe remaster" treatment?'
The question then follows up with options naming several Capcom franchises:
  • Dino Crisis series
  • Lost Planet series
  • Devil May Cry series
  • Power Stone series
  • Resident Evil series
  • Onimusha series
  • Darkstalkers series
  • Okami
  • None of these.
The survey period will remain online starting from September 19th, 2024 up to October 18th, 2024, and can be found on Capcom's Japanese Research website.

There is some debate whether or not this release of Dead Rising is a remake or a remaster, but it seems that Capcom is treating this release as a remaster of the original rather than a remake, despite the "Deluxe Remaster" running on the new RE Engine, while the original release ran on the MT Framework. Additionally, there's also several cases of censorship and removed content from the original game with this new release of Dead Rising, which brings forth doubt to plausible buyers of whether or not Capcom will also apply the same kind of censorship and removal of other contents to subsequent "Deluxe Remasters", if Capcom does choose to give that treatment to other series of theirs.

:arrow:Capcom Survey

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I feel like a broken record. Capcom, just give me Resident Evil Code Veronica remake already so i can die a happy man. Shouldve been done YEARS ago by now.

edit: Also port the Viewtiful Joe games to PC and modern consoles. Those two titles are two of Capcoms most underrated games of all time

Or at least the original Code Veronica in any format at this point.
The HD version is yet to be seen in for years too.

dalmatian666

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Or at least the original Code Veronica in any format at this point.
The HD version is yet to be seen in for years too.

They will release 50000 versions of Monster Hunter though even though no one asked for Wilds. Those games take hundreds of hours to finish, like World or Rise but completely ignore legacy games that are much more deserving of an update. Whether it be RE CV, Outbreak, Dino Crisis, Viewitful Joe or Okami. But yeah whatever keep releasing your Monster Hunter crap with 300 DLC to it like KOEI does it its DOA games. You will really will gamers trust from doing that.

chaosagent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everyone needs to vote for dino crisis if anyone votes for Resident evil they are trolling for sure we already got so many remasters remakes from almost every game...
Look, if I could have a remaster of the original Resident Evil 3 with updated 3D models looking like that cheesy 90's CGI and re-rendered backgrounds, I would.
You're not seeing the big picture here.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

dalmatian666

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Power Stone Collection with higher res textures and models from the Dreamcast versions. Please.

Thats the one game i forgot to mention. Definately deserves something, at least a modern port with multiplayer. But the person complaining about RE remakes if hes talking about RE5 or 6, fair enough. neither need or deserve one. RECV has never been released on the PC before though and deserves it if only for filling huge plotholes that were left between RE3 and RE4. Also to fix a few of the niggling issues that capcom could easily do about CV that could potentially make it the greatest remake of them all. Fix the voice acting, make the itembox inventory management more forgiving for the tyrant plane fight, warnings about character switches so players arent left with no ammunition at any point of the game. and if the cross dressing thing is an issue, just make the antarctica alexia a monster that has been infused with alexias dna to mimic her look and voice. Have alexia and alfred actually talking to each other in the mansion on rockford not alfred talking to himself in drag. Would give potential for an extra boss battle plot twist fighting alexia in between there and the end of the game extending the length of it a little bit more than before on top of it. RE5 would be way more problematic to fix for modern audiences than CV is. Wouldnt take that much more than the blueprint i mentioned to make everyone happy with a CV remake and not have modern audiences outraged over it. RE5 though, is impossible without changing the location from africa, or making all the enemies white or arabic. Two ideas that are completely stupid and absurd

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Look, if I could have a remaster of the original Resident Evil 3 with updated 3D models looking like that cheesy 90's CGI and re-rendered backgrounds, I would.
This.
Add RE1 and RE2 to that, like the Tomb Raider Remastered collection but for Resident Evil, and that'd be a day one purchase from me right away.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
we already had way too many RE stuff please let the other ips get something for once...

JustABadger

Trophies
Website
badgerbadger.neocities.org
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't have any interest in the franchises listed, except for Ōkami.

Not only would I like to play Okami HD for the fifth time, but it also feels unjust not to remake Ōkamiden. It was a game cherished by many (seems to always have a spot in everyone's "best NDS games") and truly deserves a remake.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
NONE OF THEM:
A new Strider 4 would be nice
A new Resident Evil tactical playing game that would be local but also network
A New cyberbots Strategic game with events like civilization like full metal planet
A New Dungeon&Dragon 3 arcade game with all character of AD&D in history (Monk, Paladin, Psionic....And missing races Like orc, Halfling, Fairie, pixie !! Being able to play Hundred of mix of race/Class like a rogue Orc or Dwarf cleric Or Elf Knight ^^
Would be by FAR BETTER!!!!

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Kirbydogs
    Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, and I love me a good pancake
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: well some idiot decided to put music on outside so I'm gonna listen to some musix