Capcom reveals 'Project Resistance' details at Tokyo Game Show

P RE.PNG

It's Tokyo Game Show time and Capcom just revealed more details about the next entry in the Resident Evil universe, Project Resistance (working title)! Branded as an "asymmetric online five-person multiplayer game", this game features 4v1 matches where one Mastermind player will have to hunt down the other four players, called Survivors, who in turn are trying to escape the facility they are trapped in.

Capcom further detailed the gameplay elements as follows:

The Mastermind plots a deadly course by wielding a strategic deck of cards to create dangerous obstacles for the Survivors, such as summoning vicious creatures, setting traps, manipulating the environment, and weaponizing security cameras. He or she can also directly control zombies in play. In addition, Mastermind players can even step into the trench coat of the towering, deadly Tyrant for the first time in franchise history. In turn, the Survivors must cooperatively work together as a team to fend off the Mastermind’s attacks and complete puzzle style mission objectives to escape the map before time runs out. Each Survivor possesses unique skills to help their team overcome the Mastermind’s challenges and survive the sinister experiment.

Project Resistance is currently being developed for the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One and Steam, with more details expected to be revealed at a later date.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds shit, looks shit.

Who the fuck at crapcom signs this shit off.

I could never work toward a project knowing its going to be a big bag of donkey dick.

Say goodbye to the hopes of an modernised outbreak title.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: CORE

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I for one won't play this, but I do understand this is catered for another audience so I'll just play other games while waiting for the one worth supporting for.

people seem to forgot that in between major resident evil there's a few ones in between that are fairly out of place series. Remember those Resident evil 1st person view and rail shooter? I think there's some 2d resident evil games on handhelds

Last edited by froid_san,

m0rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Entitled shitposts like yours retro boy will obviously not convince Capcom to listen to any Outbreak fans. Read up a bit about Japanese Culture and you might understand what impression these guys may have of you.

It's the fans fault this time, they made up ridiculous high expectations themselves without Capcom giving any hint of it being Outbreak. Now they bitch about not getting what they want..

@Xzi
The only exception is Outbreak, it shows that real RE gameplay works for multi-player. All other attempts have been action based and utterly failed as survival horror multiplayer

Last edited by m0rt,
D

Deleted User

Looks great !
Reminds me of the fun I had with Obscure, way more enjoyable than RE5, but the role play GM is a also a nice addition.

Glad to see it is not a graphic w*ore, it is always a financial burden to impact the whole project.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for the News and the "Trailer".:yay:

.....Teambased......
If like in Resident Evil/Resident Evil 0 then ok.Character change exists from the Beginning of the Series.
But this looks not so good......
Resident Evil IS a SINGLE PLAYER Game.
I do not like it...
Resident Evil 7 was as 3D Game ok but not really a Resident Evil game.
No,this time I would not throw out 70 Euros again for a "Resident Evil" Clone game.....

Thank you.:)

Reactions: MartyDreamy

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is something that no one have asked for, but I find as a posibility that the developers found this concept kind of fun, so they decided to give it a go and do a full game. This reminds me a bit of Friday the 13th: the Game, which despite all its bugs is very fun to play. I will give it a shot when it comes and see what it can give.

As someone already said above, I don't understand those who were expecting anything different (Outbreak like game) as Capcom never stated anything or teased with something about the matter. As I always say, people who shits on gaming news or E3'es every time is because they have their expectaatives too high or just tend to make baseless asumptions on something that hasn't been confiremed to exist in the first place anyway.

Last edited by DSoryu,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Personally, I find it like a combination of ZombiU and evolve ,since the antagonist puts out zombies, but he can also choose to play as the huge bad guy from RE2. This is the type of game mode I expect to find in addition to a single player experience, like mercenaries etc.

The biggest challenge to this game will be balancing.

I don't think this game will break any records, but at the very least Capcom will understand what they can earn money on and not.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I`m a fan since the first one came out on 1996, but man, this let me down really bad. I wasn`t expecting an outbreak remake, but this looks like a extra mode in a full RE game. There has been a couple RE games that sucked really bad in the past, but the bad sensation I had when watching this is really something. I hope it gets better than it looks and I`m not talking about the graphics. I just feel that RE doesn`t fit into this kind of gameplay. We`ll just have to wait and see, but definitely NOT hyped, not even a bit.

Reactions: Xzi, m0rt and CORE

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"make farts noises and blame it on other survivors"

I like some of the ideas, but it feels like Lost Reavers + Left 4 D3ad and some other game I can't remember, but I'll bet you there'll be Resident Evil skins and much DLC....and there's going to be a DLC mash-up pack re-release.

Voyambar

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't like Resident Evil but this shit looks the bomb and I'm very interested in it. Now...as for my problem. What is the Switch to you guys? Chopped liver?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over