ROM Hack Capcom releases japanese Phoenix Wright Case creator

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Aahh it seems that my Flash hacking skills are too weak for this ...

Anyways here's the RIP: Gyakuten_Saiban_CAPCOM_Editor.zip [3,15 MB]

Anybody who can do some hacking might give it a go...

SpikeyNDS said:
I'm making a case currently and am wondering what I need to do to save and distribute it for people to see it.
smile.gif

Just choose the last button in the upper left part of the editor and choose a icon the click onto the upper center button like you present some evidence to anyone in the PW/AJ game(s).

QUOTE(ChaosBoi @ Mar 13 2008, 08:22 PM) Not so hard to use after awhile I supposed. The only thing that kind of ticks me off is the limited use of english letters, since it was adjusted for japanese characters. I wished they allowed more space for letters though
sleep.gif
Yeah, it's sucks!
frown.gif
That's why we need some hacking...

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if Capcom is gonna add more to this (Like more resources)? Just curious because if they added more over time, then this would be awesome
biggrin.gif
. It would've been nice to have investigations in it though but trials are enough, since you could make your own PW series.

EDIT: Wait, this thing has a word censor? I was trying to type "Assure" but the first three letters were censored by the editor
wtf.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll mess with this later tonight if I have some time.

EDIT: Well, I have the thing cracked wide open and it doesn't seem all too difficult. Only thing stopping me right now is that I lack proper language files! Need to get home and jam the XP SP2 in and grab them.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently making a case that introduces the Case Maker, starring Gumshoe as the witness. It's taking such a long time. Been working on it for more than an hour now and I've only spawned 72 frames due to the fact that I'm not sure what does what until I have it displayed on the slide view X-X .

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I'm home and some other things I was toying with fell through, so I guess I'll screw around with this.

EDIT: Sure enough, doesn't seem to difficult to do. It DOES however look like it will be massively time consuming and I have more than enough stuff on my plate right now to bother. Either way, I need Flash 9 anyways.

Basically I decompiled the flash and checked out the contents. About half of the buttons are actual text in flash so replacement is very easy. Some of them are comprised of images and would need to be photoshoped or replaced with their english counterparts ripped from a DS game would be a bit faster to do.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Looking forward to an English port...

Imagine if we could create GS games on the PC then port them over to the DS!

If you wanted to make an AA game, this isn't the tool, I'm sad to say
frown.gif
. It's more like you're making a show with this.

Anyway, I'm finally done (With the first half) but where should I put it for others to see? Also, the maximum frames is 150, so I had to put a To Be Continued screen at the end of the slideshow. That's why I said it was only half complete.

EDIT: Hm, didn't know that I could've just linked to the page with the case on it. Anyway, here you go:

Turnabout Case Maker

EDIT 2: Hm, seems there's a bug with the music. I can't hear it if I click on the link but I could if I just copied the link or press on the GS logo on the bottom-right corner of the player.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The japanese fonts used in this editor costs thousands and i cant find any leaked copies, so i just substituted them for MS Gothic and it seems to look alright.

I'm going to translate a few things but probably not the whole thing unless someone wants to translate all the texts.

DarkSoulFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
The japanese fonts used in this editor costs thousands and i cant find any leaked copies, so i just substituted them for MS Gothic and it seems to look alright.

I'm going to translate a few things but probably not the whole thing unless someone wants to translate all the texts.
Yay! A translator! Can you put the english objection and "hold it" there?
rolleyes.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Normmatt said:
I can recompile the flash, but translating the text not me, i only know a few words in japanese, if anyone wants the flv file just ask i'll upload it
Yo, of course I wants! Drop me a PM!

Good to see there's some nice hackers around there... I can translate, but I'm not so good about hacking.

Also, do you know where it "saves" the save files? I'm assuming it's somewhere in the PC, but where? And in the real server, it's too where?

THANKS!!
smile.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Normmatt said:
All i did was put the swf file through sothink swf decompiler
biggrin.gif
, you can download it from http://normmatt.com/PWCC.rar I suck with flash so someone more experienced can probably fix up anything i might have broken while translating the new game and load game texts.
I just did that too... and I do have Flash CS3 v9 too... but I can't find where the "real editor" is in the FLA File... and when we export it back, it's just showing this bloody Japanese text...

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm using Flash 8, and i just go test movie and it works as usual for me.

You mean you just only have one .swf file ripped from the capcom website? I ripped 4, one with background music one with sound effects one with just a message box with japanese text and the main editor (the main editor is nearly 2 megs)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN7KP713/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=23d6e13e...