prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
6JORv.jpg
POWERHOUSE GLOBAL COMPANIES CAPCOM® AND SANRIO® ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP TO CREATE HELLO KITTY X STREET FIGHTERTM CO-BRANDED MERCHANDISE

SAN DIEGO – July 22, 2011 – Capcom® Entertainment, Inc., a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, and Sanrio, Inc., creator of beloved icon Hello Kitty®, today announced a partnership to create a new line of co-branded Street Fighter™ themed merchandise that will launch in fall 2012. The collaboration will be a fusion of the unique styles of these world-famous brands, yielding a broad range of merchandise featuring Hello Kitty dressed in the distinct costumes from the Street Fighter series of video games.

“Capcom has long admired Sanrio and their ability to create memorable and cherished lifestyle brands so it is a distinct pleasure to partner with them for this new cross-over line of merchandise,” said Joshua Izzo, Director of Licensing, Capcom Entertainment, Inc. “The combination of Street Fighter and Hello Kitty will offer fans a whole new way to experience our characters.”

“We are always looking for new ways to surprise our fans and partnering with a strong brand-focused company such as Capcom is a natural fit for us,” said Jill Koch, Vice President of Brand Management and Marketing, Sanrio, Inc. “Hello Kitty and Street Fighter have a dedicated core following around the world and our collaboration brings the legacy of both brands together in a fun and unexpected way.”

Specific details on the co-branded merchandise and retailer availability will be released at a later date.

Street Fighter® was first released in the arcades in 1987. This was followed up in 1991 with the smash hit Street Fighter® II, and as of April 12, 2011, the series as a whole has shipped more than 31 million units on home consoles worldwide. The innovative battle system found in the Street Fighter games helped to establish the fighting game genre for video games.[/p]Inb4 Hello Kitty in Ultimate Super Marvel vs. Capcom 4 Special Edition.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
POWERHOUSE GLOBAL COMPANIES CAPCOM® AND SANRIO® ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP TO CREATE HELLO KITTY X STREET FIGHTERTM CO-BRANDED MERCHANDISE

What they mean are Hello Kitty figurines wearing Street Fighter costumes. A game wouldn't make much sense now, would it?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that there's a source, but this can't be real.
Either Capcom's been hacked or they're at the receiving end of a disgruntled employee's rage.

Capcom's been going to shit lately, but this is just... I refuse to believe they've gotten this bad.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Narayan said:
YES!!!! the cute kitty gets a chance to beat up Ryu and Ken!!

I thought it was just for merchandise? Still, the thought of going all Hadouken on that damn cartoon cat has its charms, if it ever happened.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe this...

Anyway if they really want a game.

Street Fighter X SSB or SSB X Street Fighter

Foxi4 said:
QUOTE said:

What they mean are Hello Kitty figurines wearing Street Fighter costumes. A game wouldn't make much sense now, would it?

I see... would have been funny to see tho.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jul 22 2011, 12:17 PM)
felicia-2-marvel-vs-capcom-xbox-360-fate-of-two-worlds.gif

LOL GET IT.
Now that a Hello Kitty I can play.
tpi.gif

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
KingVamp said:
I don't believe this...

You mean Street Fighter X Nintendo, not Super Smash Bros.

Also it's funny that everyone is getting mad over some merch.
Japan loves Hello Kitty, Japan also loves Street Fighter.
Why not?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
I don't believe this...

If I recall correctly, Capcom showed interest in such a project. Personally, I think it'd be complete garbage if it ever happened. Keep Capcom away from first-party Nintendo characters, I'd rather not see them be killed off by Capcom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F