X Rocker announces a line of Super Mario gaming chairs

caoDmBO.png

Gaming chairs have been rising in popularity in the past few years, with multiple branding deals turning chairs into not just furniture, but gaming accessories, adorned with color schemes to represent various gaming franchises. The latest partnership between chair manufacturers and game publishers brings X Rocker and Nintendo together in order to create a line of licensed Super Mario chairs. X Rocker will be launching two styles of gaming chairs exclusively in the UK and EU later this year, featuring Yoshi, Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Bowser rocker designs, and a larger, traditional chair with a Super Mario aesthetic. They'll be available on August 1st through certain British and European retailers: Argos, Smyths, and Exertis.

Brighouse, UK, 23rd July 2020, X Rocker™, Global market leaders in gaming chairs, announced today a brand new agreement with Nintendo of Europe, to design, manufacture and sell licenced Super Mario branded gaming chairs.

Launching in the UK and EU from 1st August 2020, X Rocker, in conjunction with key retail partners and distributors including Argos and Smyths Toys, offer for the first time an exciting and colourful selection of your favourite Super Mario characters, brought to life as gaming and audio X Rocker chairs.

A ‘must have’ for any young discerning Nintendo fan, the X Rocker Super Mario Collections, bring to life iconic character designs including Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi and Bowser on X Rocker’s #1 selling chair for young gamers, the X Rocker Video Rocker. Sure to brighten up any bedroom and game-time with fun and excitment, the Video Rocker is the ideal way to sit and enjoy playing your favorite Nintendo games and sitting back to enjoy a movie on your tablet or mobile.

The Super Mario Character collections will be launching initially with The Spotlight Collection (exclusive to Argos in the UK), The Jump Collection (Exclusive to Smyths Toys in the UK & EU), The Joy Collection (Available through distribution via Exertis) and the All-Star Collection arriving soon to the UK and EU.

For gamers looking to power-up their audio experience, Nintendo fans can also look forward to the lauch of X Rocker’s new 2.1 Stereo Audio Gaming Chair featuring Super Mario. Initially launching as three unique designs and available at Argos, Smyths Toys and Exertis, junior gamers and Mario fans will be spoilt for choice.

Gary Shaw, X Rocker MD comments, “X Rocker is delighted to offer customers an amazing range of gaming chairs that have never looked better thanks to our partnership with Nintendo of Europe. The characters of Super Mario are a perfect pairing with our market leading junior gaming rockers. These collections are just the start and we have even more to come. This year, more so than any, we all need reasons to smile and no-one does this better than Mario and his friends”.

:arrow: Source

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Insert RGB joke here]

I've never had one of these chairs, but I imagine them as the equivalent of bean-bags with speakers. How comfy are these things?
I've used one before and they're actually very hard and really uncomfortable, but most of the pain is supposed to be negated by the fact that you're supposed to just kinda rock back and forth on it all the time.

That desk chair design looks like the worst thing on earth though

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
[Insert RGB joke here]

I've never had one of these chairs, but I imagine them as the equivalent of bean-bags with speakers. How comfy are these things?
They're okay if you're a little kid who likes rocking back and forth. Nowadays, these things look like joint pain given physical colorful gamer form.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
those look uncomfortable as fuck. imagine trying to game in one of the rockers you'd keep falling back! stupid stupid idea but of course it will sell millions because FUCKING MARIO!

Reactions: HaloEffect17

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ages ago I had one of these made by a proper furniture company, padded like an armchair and tastefully upholstered in fabric. It was very comfortable. Looking at these flat backed chairs covered in non-breathable vinyl, probably not so much.

Reactions: Deleted User

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
[Insert RGB joke here]

I loved my rocker when I was a teenager who had a TV on the floor, and the rest of his life to worry about back problems

Reactions: Veho and yuyuyup

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[Insert RGB joke here]

I had a chair like that as a kid early 90's (was also Nintendo branded) it was extremely comfortable, but honestly I don't know if it had a negative impact on my posture, but it was never uncomfortable.

It was this except black
e45f72dd5cb393bc54008a9c6d77b12d.jpg

Last edited by yuyuyup,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8