Can't use custom skins.

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Vodrake, Feb 1, 2008.

Feb 1, 2008

Can't use custom skins. by Vodrake at 10:20 AM (1,220 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Vodrake
    OP

Newcomer Vodrake Member

United Kingdom
    I've ben trying to replace the Default DSTT skins with various ones of my own and ones downloaded from the internet, yet when i load the DSTT onto my DS, all the background images are massively corrupted to the point of beinga mess of squiggly lines, or even sometimes i'm getting just a pink image with lines running through it. The skins I'm using are the same files from the default folder, just with their colour or image changed so I can't see where the problem lies. Any help please?

2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    If you want to use custom skins you have to get rid of the default skin first and put the folder with the other skin in.

3. Vodrake
    OP

Newcomer Vodrake Member

United Kingdom
    I did that. Changed the name of the folder containing the new skin to default as well and I'm still only getting this corrupted background.

Does the bgUp and bgDown image have to be a certain pixel size to work properly? I may have messed with the image size slightly, so maybe thats causing the problem.

4. GT360

Newcomer GT360 Member

France
    need to be 256*192 pxl in bmp format

5. Vodrake
    OP

Newcomer Vodrake Member

United Kingdom
    Awesome, it's working now. Thanks GT360.

Who would have thought a couple of pixels difference would make such an annoying problem. >_